Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Mobile) Return repeat and queue buttons to Now Playing screen

The new UI for the Now Playing screen on mobile (iOS and Android) doesn't seem space-efficient. I understand that inevitably the design will be refreshed and changed, but, given the amount of unused screen space, I don't think it was necessary to move the view queue and repeat buttons into a separate menu. It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to find space to these on the main screen, espcially considering how often many users make use of these features.

Note: Attached images show the Spotify iOS app version 8.4.91 on an iPhone SE compared to a previous iOS app version 8.4.81, I believe.

iOS Now playing menu.PNG
iOS Now playing Old.PNG
iOS Now playing.PNG

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

Just a heads up, that the Repeat and Queue buttons have returned to the Now Playing View on the mobile app. 

Screenshot_20190523-101212_2__01.jpg

The repeat button has moved to the left and you Queue can be found just below. 

Thanks!

Comments
matthieu-m

Just cancelled my subscription because of that!!

drifternomad

Can we please get back to the previous version on the app? This feels like you're focused more on users sharing songs from your app than providing outstanding listening experience. Please don't.

lnsaniac

totall agree with this issue, it also bugs me a lot that they changed it that way, i hope they change the UI back!

Spartanmook117

I agree with thins post, but I find it more annoying that I have to press 2 buttons just to go to queue when that should be something that is easily accessible like before! 

Spotify really annoys me how it’s seems to be a company which doesn’t do the best for its customers! We want easier ways to play our music, and an improved interface to d just that not share our music with frickin social media!! 

I also don’t understand why the “connect to a device” button was moved. It was fine where it was originally, and took up minimal space! 

They could atleast make a customizable interface... 🙄

David_H_Byrne1

Put it back the way it was you silly buggers...  I doth protest,  most vehemently! 

Jpgchief

Yesterday I find out here this option are, I think you’re right.

Marium0505

I don't mind the other changes, but would love to be able to repeat and quee without having to delve into the deep oceans of sub-menus. So please move those out of their respective sub-menus and back into the light again!

I agree. These Que button needs to be displayed at the top right corner with the number of songs added to the que like it used to be! It is annoying that I now have to go to a different menu just to see how many songs I have added to my que and and to turn on the repeat. Change it back Spotify! 

Change it alll back to how it used to be. I don’t like the button with 3 dots ••• being moved to the top corner. My thumb doesn’t even reach that far without adjusting my grip, it’s just annoying. 

apfitzg2

At the risk of sounding like a broken record since there are so many comments already, I too have a major issue with this and the queue location. I use the queue every time I use Spotify, and while I am a minimalist myself, this current release of Spotify is so minimalist that it's to the point of being impractical and not logical in the user experience flow.

I understand that they use A/B testing, so hopefully this changes.