Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Screen always on Option

When the Spotify app is in focus keep the screen on and prevent it from locking. Just like in PowerAmp, this should be an optional setting.

It's really annoying to have to unlock the phone to skip tracks, or see the name of the current song or artist, especially when driving.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks!

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange. 

With the release of Car View, your screen will always remain on when driving - or when turning it on manually in the settings.

When you connect your phone to your car’s Bluetooth, car view automatically turns on. You see larger, driver-friendly icons in the Now Playing view, and you can quickly change what plays with Choose Music at the bottom of the screen.

For more info about listening to Spotify in the car, check out this article

Thanks!

Comments
reflexmrl

It's a big security issue always tapping my screen to see what I am listening to, or to add a song to my favourites. Using Spotify for a long while now and was really happy until this functionality was removed. I am using Spotify in a charging dock as well while i am an my computer, so i can always see what's running. This is useless as well now.

CKenny
Try the Android App called 'Keep Screen On'. It works well and solved this issue if you set it to keep the screen on when you have Spotify open on your screen.
santyjazz2

I am using Android Auto app and it's working quite good but still it's not the same, Spotify should solve this, so basic.

ChrisWho

Don't want just controls active - want the option to keep the entire screen on when Spotify is playing.

Staff
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks!

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange. 

With the release of Car View, your screen will always remain on when driving - or when turning it on manually in the settings.

When you connect your phone to your car’s Bluetooth, car view automatically turns on. You see larger, driver-friendly icons in the Now Playing view, and you can quickly change what plays with Choose Music at the bottom of the screen.

For more info about listening to Spotify in the car, check out this article

Thanks!

santyjazz2

Hi,

thanks for implementing the idea, I was using the traffic/car mode for the last month and I am very happy with it, this is more or less what we were expecting. Still there are some things to improve from my point of view, because I would like to see the cover of the album also in traffic/car mode but as I said, happy with it now and very happy knowing that Spotify listen to their users! Thank you again!

Claretnbluefonz

Hi,

as I mentioned previously. I don't use Bluetooth as I'm connected via an aux cable. This fix hasn't helped at all. 

thanks 

robyseb

Same here i only have Auxiliaire plug it was working well before common !!

santyjazz2

Hi Claretnbluefonz and Robyseb,

I am pretty sure there is a setting in Spotify where you can set as ALWAYS the car mode, so it won't matter if you use bluetooth or you use aux cable, it should work exactly the same way in the play screen. At least in Android is like this. Try it!

Claretnbluefonz
Hi,

I’ve always had that setting on and it makes no difference. It used to work but got changed and now the screen locks.

Thanks for the suggestion though!!