[Mobile] Screen always on Option

When the Spotify app is in focus keep the screen on and prevent it from locking. Just like in PowerAmp, this should be an optional setting.

It's really annoying to have to unlock the phone to skip tracks, or see the name of the current song or artist, especially when driving.

Updated: 2016-12-07

Hey @osornios and everyone that voted for this idea. We also like this idea so we're marking it as "Good Idea"--if we have any updates around keeping the play/pause/skip buttons always on the screen of your mobile device we'll post here first. Thanks!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-03-03

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

dirtyred
Roadie

Until Spotify implements this feature, a semi-solution would be to enable Developer options and enable Stay awake while charging.

To enable Developer options, go to:

Settings > About phone > Build number and tap on the section 7 times.

After that you can go to:

Settings > Developer options > Stay awake > While charging

Another solution is to use an app if you'd like to have this feature while not charging as well, for example "Wakey", "Stay Alive! Keep screen awake", "Smart Screen On Off" from Google Play.

ssvpv8
Casual Listener
How is this not obvios to the devolopers!!!!
ssvpv8
Casual Listener
Them"I work at spotify". us"do you like music?". Them "lol no. I like reprograming apps"
ssvpv8
Casual Listener
I currently cant even get it to play 3 songs in a row.
ssvpv8
Casual Listener
They should have to use the app to work there.
ssvpv8
Casual Listener
I have multiple music playing apps and they all seem to be run by social media experts. I want one music playing app built by music lovers. Constant new feautures are not what I need. I want to hit three buttons max and get my playlist playing in under a minute.
ssvpv8
Casual Listener
It seems like music apps are best a year after they are released.
ssvpv8
Casual Listener
Time for new managment.
ssvpv8
Casual Listener
Or just bring back the old