Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Search] Alphabet scroll bar

I'm really missing the alphabet scroll bar for artists and songs on the iPhone Spotify app. Please return this feature!

Spiffy.jpg

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

The A-Z scroll bar is back on iOS, under the Artist tab on Your Library. 

We can see that there are users requesting this feature on Android too, so we'll keep the status as 'Not Right Now', so you can keep adding your votes. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
StevieBear

Spotify has 1 month to bring back this feature or I’m switching to Apple Music. This is ridiculous. 

Mcringleberry

Ay yo I agree with steviebear

Firmamento

I ranted on here about 2 and a half months ago regarding the "new and improved" app.

Now, I returned simply to address the issue of not being able to sort my Artists in alphabetical order.

Come on!!!!

Why would you even remove that feature?

Not only should that option have remained, but you should also add the option to alphabetize our "Liked songs" as well.

How hard can it be?

This is really frustrating as a premium member.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

The A-Z scroll bar is back on iOS, under the Artist tab on Your Library. 

We can see that there are users requesting this feature on Android too, so we'll keep the status as 'Not Right Now', so you can keep adding your votes. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

bpsd

@Tom Community Manager:

What are you even saying in your update? If you're saying the A-Z scroll bar is back in iOS, that isn't true for me. I'm running Spotify v 8.5.23.644 on iOS 12.4.1, and I don't have the A-Z scroll bar anywhere in the app. And even if I did have it, you say it's "under the Artist tab on Your Library," so that still doesn't fix my problem of not having it on the Albums list where I use it most frequently. What was the product team thinking when they removed this feature?

HansenPhoto

@bpsd, I'm using an iPhone 6s running iOS 12.4.1 using Spotify v8.5.23.644 and I do have the alphabet scroll bar in both Albums and Artists, just fyi.  Not sure why your experience is different than mine. Hope it gets figured out!

IMG_3945.PNG

updog

iPhone X running 8.5.23.644, still no alphabet bar for songs in my Liked Songs (or any other playlist)

StevieBear

@Tom Community Manager the scroll bar still isn’t present in any playlists or Liked Songs as Updog pointed out. Pretty bad experience when I have to scroll to the bottom of a 3000 song playlist to get to a song 🤷‍♂️ Plus why would you make the app shuffle songs with just what was searched for instead of it just shuffling the entire playlist that was searched in?

PS: what’s Updog? 

updog

Not much man 😉

Agreed. My current process to select a song consists of scrolling to the top, tapping the search bar, tapping on enough letters to filter the song, tapping outside the keyboard to dismiss it, tapping the "...", tapping "add to queue", then tapping on skip to get to the song. An exceptionally fun experience while driving 😐

compucob15

Why did they only bring it back for albums and artists? It is a must-have for people with large libraries of music. Spotify please bring the AZ scroller back in the Liked Songs tab - it’s an essential feature and the filter by title isn’t enough. It just feels like I’m lost in my library and it takes ages to scroll for a certain song.