Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Search] Alphabet scroll bar

I'm really missing the alphabet scroll bar for artists and songs on the iPhone Spotify app. Please return this feature!

Spiffy.jpg

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

The A-Z scroll bar is back on iOS, under the Artist tab on Your Library. 

We can see that there are users requesting this feature on Android too, so we'll keep the status as 'Not Right Now', so you can keep adding your votes. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Stopfiai

The absence of the scroll bar really makes the navigation through our saved songs worse. You should bring it back!

updog

I’m not sure they plan on ever bringing it back for saved songs unfortunately. They made no mention of it in their response and only mentioned the Artist tab  I hope they reconsider

gladial

bring it back for songs, not just artists.

Brewcatt

Please please please bring this back for EVERYTHING. Android and iOS! And for songs/albums/artists. It is such a simple fix and makes navigating libraries 1000x easier. 

Stopfiai

Bring it baaaaaaackk

CeltyCat

I would like the old layout back, I have almost 1k songs. I can’t look up songs through the artist, which I do most of the time. Now I just shuffle songs through my liked songs. I even went as far as making playlists from the artist themselves. Which was so tedious, I just gave up.

Will you bring back the old format? After all this is a service we pay for. It would be great to get our moneys worth, it doesn’t have to be that way but I’m very dissatisfied with the new update.
The best I can do is wait a few weeks for it to revert. I hope it doesn’t take that long.

I hope that this problem, because it turned into one, can get fixed.

Thank you, Spotify team.

My true thanks will be made when you bring back the old layout. 

PederSK

An idea about alphabetical sidebar when adding songs to playlist was marked as duplicate and referred to this idea (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Alphabetical-sidebar-when-addi...). However, I don't see that specific feature mentioned in the original idea or the status update. 

As the status update says, the A-Z scroll bar is back on iOS, but I still don't see it in the specific case where you want to add songs to your playlists.

It would be a great feature to have for iOS and Android both - I just hope it don't get lost in translation when the idea was referred to here. 

Stopfiai

Thanks for putting the scroll bar back!!!!!!

Nondre

Thanks team! much better.

Oxidationshed

This is absolutely infuriating. Such a misguided idea. It's so much longer and more involved to find what I'm looking for
Please bring it back on albums and songs, not just artists