Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Search] Alphabet scroll bar

I'm really missing the alphabet scroll bar for artists and songs on the iPhone Spotify app. Please return this feature!

Spiffy.jpg

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

The A-Z scroll bar is back on iOS, under the Artist tab on Your Library. 

We can see that there are users requesting this feature on Android too, so we'll keep the status as 'Not Right Now', so you can keep adding your votes. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
smkspotify

I appreciate the quick scroll, but not in absence of the alphabetical scroll bar. Please bring it back.

Deadjim

Why did they give it back to IOS and not android? I always saw Spotify as androids alternative to Apple music since the app is terrible on android. Now IOS has a better version of Spotify as well. Give us something for **bleep**s sake.

CantingCave

This is just blatantly racist towards android, why do they get this and we don't. We never even wanted it on the artist tab ! We wanted it in the playlist but then still. This is just excluding android !!! The more i see things like this and deleted features on spotify I'm thinking more and more about switching to tidal or something else

Kartiknv7

This useful feature seems to be removed again. Requesting the Dev team to please include this again. It’s a real pain to scroll through playlists endlessly till you reach some of the last letters. 

StevieBear

BRING IT BACK!!!!

Lotharyx
Yeah.  They've switched to a "hidden" rolodex-like thing that only
appears when you start to scroll along the left edge, and you have to
watch it to see the letters change.  Equally useless in a
distracted-driving scenario.

Devs, ANYTHING that requires CONSISTENT visual attention is BAD!
Remember, you are developing for **bleep** drivers that will stare at their
phone screens instead of the road.  PLEASE don't intentionally design
stuff that promotes such behavior!  You already have this "vehicle mode"
feature or whatever you call it.  Don't undermine your own good ideas by
implementing horrible designs elsewhere. People are GOING to look at
their phones while they're driving; the best you can do is try to make
them not HAVE to.

End rant.
vhoneyman

why o why did spotify change the menu bar on the left? it's AWFUL!!!! spotify: leave a good thing alone! and why can't I delete the "liked songs" folder? these are not at all songs I listen to!!!

vhoneyman

I can't find all my folders anymore! this change that JUST APPEARED out of nowhere this afternoon is the worst. please please please spotify return to what was working just fine YESTERDAY!!!