Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments

Please yes.

PIQ8302

yes this needs to exist, seems like the most basic feature and why it doesnt exist is beyond me.  Why would you not have this as an option.  the songs dont have to all pop up at once under the artist page, just have there be a link. I also have considered cancelling many times due to this. You could eliminate every other feature: top 5, albums, radio (which is far inferior to pandora), and solely have the songs feature and the app would still be better than it is.  Spotify's previous response to the issue is that it was not brought up enough on the forum to matter, which is BS and just an ignorant and nieve way to look at it.  Just because people dont complain regularly doesnt mean its not annoying the hell outta a lot of people.  Most people just never express it, particularly when it comes to a mobile device.  I've been annoyed by it since I subscribed 8 months ago and have never really looked into it until now.  

WillHenson
This does seem crazy to me, especially when you have the other options of 'See All Albums' etc. It's necessary functionality in my view. I struggle to believe the developers are idiots which means that there is rational thinking behind the choice to leave certain features out. I've felt many times before that justifications of feature changes in the release notes would be very helpful in getting users on board with the direction Spotify is taking the product. Use the Wunderlist release notes as a great example. Some justification might stop users thinking the brains at Spotify are saying "let's make an amazing streaming service to bring music to everyone, but not let users see all songs by an artist".
jtgrenz

I don't understand why this isn't a feature yet either. I often get in the mood to listen to a particular artist. Im not usually one for playlists, I prefer to pop on a discography and go through a full artist for a while. I can do this if I go to an artist on the desktop app and just hit play, but I have to pick a random song and shuffle it. I usually want to start with a particular song. If I click on it from an album, I'm locked into that album. If I search for it, Im locked into the search results. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its such a weird restriction. 

kostrzewski3

I'm so glad this is a suggestion on here!
I'm currently paying for Spotify, but the lack of this feature is tempting me towards Google Play Music.
It would make searching for songs significantly easier!

I'm an avid, long-time user and lover of Spotify but I have never understood why this isn't a prominent feature of both the Mobile and the Desktop versions.

I would use this almost daily if it were a feature.

I want to put together a playlist for a festival I'm going to this summer, and want to create several "full discography" playlists so as I can listen to the acts I am dying to see.

Please please please make this feature available.

Your loyal loving users will adore you even more.

shanewatson2002

Anything been done about this?

@TLuck wrote:

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Tolmekian

Please implement this!

I cannot believe it's not a feature. I just spent 10 minutes going through every option on an artists page thinking it must be somewhere and I'm just being dumb, but after googling it turns out the world's most used streaming service doesn't have the basics covered.

Honestly dumbfounded and won't be paying for premium right now.

Mcardarella2

Please come and vote for this if you have not.  Comments don't help as much as votes.

Niinushka

Yes, this is the feature that I miss also. Just had a problem that I wanted to listen to a particular song and could not quite remember the name. Seeing all songs would help identify the one I want.