Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
doublerocker

@vulcan9611 wrote:
dump em and go google play

How do you see all songs by an artist on Google Play?  I can't figure it out there either. 
Tomael

I'm very disappointed that the people at Spotify don't even care to provide a complete service.

sdfksy

Please add this feature. I would also like to see a list of songs from an artist ranked by popularity and/or sort the list by song name. Showing only the top 5 songs on the mobile app is frustrating

tmadore

Something so basic, that makes the mobile app so infuriating to use. Why cant I find an artist and see all their songs in a simple list??? 

Choz

Hi - are you able to give us any more information on why you're not planning on making this possible? An artist's page feels a bit like a black box where you don't know what songs Spotify has and what it might be missing. Thanks!

Digitiki

This 5 most popular songs on an artist page (in mobile app) is obsurd.  Whats more obsurd is the official Spotify team resopons: "have no plans to update the artist page at this time".  Wow.  Just wow.   Do the progammers actually use their own apps to find songs by artists?  WOW.

lassegjertsen

How hard can it be to implement this? The information is already there. This idea has been suggested since 2012. Come on!!

magze

Spotify is such a great app but this single issue is so amazingly stupid that I don't have words for it.

Chance of the song you want is listed in Top5: 10%

Chance that your users are happy: 10% 

JESUS **bleep**ING CHRIST

who is your UX-designer?? omfg

amnstur

This has been a recurring struggle for me also. For example there’s an artist in a playlist that I want to hear more from, so I click the ‘...’ and then ‘see artist page’ and can’t see anymore songs unless I type out the artists name in search. It just adds another hurdle in finding new music which is one of spotifies biggest draws (I think). If you type in something about seeing all dogs on google, a multitude of pages shows up showing it’s just not a few people. Just a button link to show all songs would be a good enough fix. I can’t thibk of a lot of instances where someone wants to lol up an artist and see anything but their songs. 

thomasbeard

It’s madness that this feature is not available on the mobile app. I rarely know which album a particular song is on and often don’t know the name of the song....please build this!