Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
JahVelle

I need help getting all of my music under one artist profile.....

Digitiki

Hooga32, yes but that is just the top 5 or so songs by an artist.  So that isn't exactly what is being asked for here.  This thread is about being able to search and artist and view a list of all their songs rather than have to go through album by album.

BNE1

Please just add the feature. most of the people know the artist of the song. but in modern times which do not require buying a whole album, basically no one that I know of, remembers the specific album. if you know the artist and kinda remember the song name it is a pain in the ass to look into every **bleep** album instead of just scrolling through the songs. can't understand, why in the world this is not a feature since version 1.0...

doublerocker

It's been so many years now. I'm over it, but I just don't understand why there's never been an explanation telling us why no streaming service that allows you to see a complete list of songs by a particular artist.  Why is this such a big secret?

alambnz

C'mon Spotify. Please add this functionality to the app, esp. for premium users.

When searching for a song by an artist,  I often don't know the complete name and definitely not the album, so need to have one list of all their songs.

loop3loop

Please add this!  My kids made me switch to Spotify but this issue with only showing 5 songs by an artist is making me miss Amazon Music in a big way.  This is very frustrating.  Make it an advanced search option or something, whatever it takes.  Thanks!

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Gmbro96
Well thanks for not really listening. Why am I not surprised?
BNE1

This is so stupid. Especially the younger folks (your core target group) are not used to buying albums and therefore don't connect and remember songs by album, but rather only by the artist. If I am looking for a song that I can't quite remember the name of, I won't have any idea which album it was on. But I will know the artist. So why not implement a button that shows all songs instead of letting me click every single album the artist ever made separately to look for that one song? This is so stupid and quite embarrassing for a company that used to be innovative and striving.. Whats the problem with this extra function anyways?! It's not like there are any disadvantages. 

doublerocker

It only took 5 years for Spotify to reply.