Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments

You know who does show all songs? Apple Music. I’m out. 

pushock

Thanks for posting it. I am having really bad times without this feature since my previous music platform had it.

It is VERY INCONVENIENT to search through the songs on Artist's page when you have only 5 most popular in the list (since I know the artist, but don't remember the song names).

I really hope that Spotify can implement this, because this is the only thing that frustrate me that much.

Spotify, please, check out the UX for Artist page on other platforms.

dock1100

Meanwhile, it's almost 5 years since the issue created, and no changes.

This feature is a very simple and basic must-have.
Any Spotify analog has it. Even more, you have it on the PC version (start playing the album from artist page and it will continue playing all artist's songs), but not on Mobile (shuffle is not an option, it will not list all tracks, may include other artists, and tracks are constantly re-included into the "next playlist").
All I want to do is just listen to all songs of a specific artist, is it some kind of rocket science?
This is very frustrating and painful.

Madferret

Spotify needs to improve this. Having to dig through all an artists albums to find popular songs because I can only see the top 5 or 10 is a huge dissatisfier.This has been an issue for years and I found posts going back to 2015 where someone proposed this idea, but Spotify decided it wasn't important.

Whitethunder9

I'm seriously getting ready to "not right now" my subscription to Spotify over the lack of this simple feature. Google Music made this a primary feature and it was beautiful. It's calling my name to come back. It's such a common use case to say "I want to listen to the best songs from an artist", but Spotify only lets you do the first few, which is kind of weird. If Tesla adds support for any other streaming service, I'm out in a heartbeat over this.

Svin83

Well... It is sort of like a dysfunctional democracy... If they won't support you, stop supporting them... Changing to a different platform is how you vote in this game...

ral3nti

Hey Spotify, it's just a few lines of code. And it's been a few years already. Heck, I'll do it myself if you let me.

This idea is not new. In fact if you search you will find many of the same request. The problem was that none of the users saw the post to vote on it... I was about to start posting links in Youtube comments and on other social media platforms for spotify users to vote on it before the year was done, but it seems we made it to 100 this year! yay

lemon9

jesus **bleep**ing christ,its been 4 **bleep**ing years and this is still not added?what the **bleep**?

Jason85

How about the ability to play ALL songs by an artist, not just the popular or recommended songs?