Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
MeDnB

Whether I'm discovering a new artist or I'm on the page of an artist I already know, I always wish there would be a simple list of all Tracks that this artist has released in chronological order - including features ('Appears on').

There is currently no convenient way to 'binge' a newly discovered artist and experience its changes in production over time.

If I'm looking for a specific song, Spotify expects me to know the album that it was featured on so I click through a few Albums or EPs but eventually I end up looking for the song in the search bar, even though I'm already on the artists page.

hoto7

Just wait couple more years for this to be implemented 👌

Marastar5

ARG! I was just prohibited from using the downloaded Spotify Desktop App at work - not even allowed the web-based lite app - so I am stuck with either listening on my mobile or the webplayer and both of these platforms SUCK compared to the desktop app. 

Top Gripes:

1) Cannot shuffle all tracks within playlist folders;

2) Cannot view all of an artist's tracks from the artist page. Forced to look through all their albums to find the track I'm looking for and cannot shuffle all artist tracks (without dumping them all into a new playlist, which is STUPID).

If a feature is available for desktop, PLEASE make it available on the web, mobile and lite apps, too. 

Your database can handle it. I AM A VERY DISGRUNTLED PREMIUM USER RIGHT NOW.  

Tzius

How the heck is it possible that this SIMPLE and kinda important feature hasn't been developed yet???

It really is a shame!

Shame on you Spotify, shame on you!

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

dr3admann

"Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming..." 

Guess what, they just took the functionality of going through an artist's songs as list from the desktop version!

Now we have to go album by album to find a song in the desktop app. Unbelievable.

So, don't expect it happen on the mobile version. 

Ednopeid

What t f is going on. This is the worst update ever. This makes it a challange rather than an enjoyment to discover artists and find tracks.

richierech

The reason I liked spotify was the ability to see all the songs in the albums when I went to the artist page. With the new format, I have to go into each album individually to see the songs. This is way too time consuming and is making me less interested in using spotify. Go back to the old format where you could scroll and see the songs. Making users dig for information only creates frustration.

Nramirez422

When we go to an artist's page, I would like to see all their songs and not just the 5 most popular. Sometimes I'm looking for a specific song that isn't "popular" and it's inconvenient on the app to look for it because i can't see all the artist's songs. I remember this feature used to be available years ago and they removed it. 

I know this option is available in the search criteria but it's a hassle to do it when you're already on the artist's page. 

Taborlin_da_Gr8

If I can't view all songs by an artist on a single page by the end of 2021, I'm 100% unsubscribing.  You were fools to remove this.