Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
Johnnyfive

I can't even believe I have to submit this idea, this seems like quite literally the easiest feature to have on any music streaming app but PLEASE add in a shuffle ALL songs on the artists page.  I don't care about the top songs, I do not care what other people think are good, I just want to listen to an artists full body of work.  You also shouldn't need a playlist for an artists discography if that artists already has a page.  Just add it in.

SheffJer

Currently in the iPhone app, there are only 5 top songs listed for an artist on their page, and to see more you need to go into the album or into a playlist with their music.

I would like to see a button in the app on an artist's page where you can see and search all songs that the artist has released, which would hopefully include all versions (remixes, features, clean/explicit/radio edit, etc). That would make it so you do not have to dig through each individual album to find other music by them.

jnts58

Why am I paying 12.99 a month and cannot select all songs from an artist and play them? Makes no sense.

basalowicz

I have issue with playing albums of specific artist. At windows discography >> show all and then click on top  record of album. record will play from newest to oldest in each album. There is no such option at android. I can only choose if album will end and that all, or play another similar record...

Krafty

Giving a bump to this comment as well. Not being able to listen to all artist songs and instead having to either build a playlist, listen to just the few currated songs Spotify gives you, or stick to just one album at a time are all subpar options. This seems like a pretty easy idea to implement, no?

Niinushka

wth? There’s 23 Pages of comments on this and it is still not a feature.  Shame.

wilzzuu

I'm still wondering why is this not an existing feature. One of the simplest features that everyone wants and needs and it still doesn't exist.. I'm frustrated that when I want to listen to a certain song, I need to go to the search page and search for the song and god knows what will play next, or go to the singles and try to find the song there, or try to guess what album the song is in and sometimes end up going through all of them to finally find the one I'm looking for. I'm seriously considering changing platforms until this is implemented because that's it's just not difficult to add.

tolunaykaymakci

Considering switching to YouTube Music.

frostyapples

For the love of God. The year is 2022. I click an artist and it shows three liked songs. I proceed to listen to said artist and the next TEN songs are already liked. How is it that it automatically plays songs that he isn't featured as first, yet it still plays directly from the page? Fix your broken app. Show me ALL the liked songs including other ones they are featured on.

raym_42

Please add the feature so we can listen to all artists songs in one go. Other platforms all offer this feature.