Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
laurendi

I just can’t understand why this is something that isn’t being pursued. This is how music apps work. I understand you guys are trying to go for discovery, but this doesn’t have to be one or the other. Please reconsider as this is a BASIC feature expected from music apps. Makes the decision to just buy music or stream elsewhere easier if it’s not even on the docket - 😕 

Mavrik347

Asks for basic functionality, waits 3 years...

"Not right now"...

vulcan9611
i dumped them again and went back to google play music
vulcan9611
just dump em, that’s the only way they will listen.
raban624

Thanks for weighing in Spotify and acknowledging this most basic of consumer expected need.

Still don’t understand how this functionality is not a no-brainer feature but how about this as trade-off...

We don’t want to see EVERY song by the artist, we would like to see the most popular listened to... so why can’t you do that and just show us the top 25 a minimum. It seems Spotify can already rank the top 5 (mobile) and top 10 (desktop).. so add 15 more freakin songs to the list! This is so short-sighted infuriating...and will be the reason I ultimately move my $ to another service.

jbridger5

I really don't get why this feature is not there since the beginning.
And least that it is now markt for not now.
Thats making me think to change back to an other service!

Andya729

This is such a basic feature and there are so many requests for it, it boggles the mind why it wouldn’t be available yet, much less why there wouldn’t be a plan to offer it.

vulcan9611
because they don’t give a **bleep**. i dumped em went to google play music.
JohnWildMan

I would definitely like to be able to see all songs for an artist on mobile. It drives me crazy when I have to search through albums, while sitting in a parking lot, to find a song, rather than just being able to scroll through all of the artist's songs. I hope spotify comes back to this and considers making it happen.

Yohimbe
Spotify apparently doesn’t care about their subscribers. I have never even seen a response from them. Lame.