Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] See all Songs on Artist Page

Dear spotify,

First of all, thanks for your awesome service! I really enjoy my premium account on my desktop and iPhone version and use it at home and wherever I go. However there's something that bothers me often while searching for a song, especially on the iPhone version.

I often search for a song of a specific artist. So I use the search function and reach the artist's page. Once there, the app only shows the 5 most popular songs of the artist. But often the song I'm looking for is not listed there (maybe nr 6 on the list or lower). Now I have the option of searching through the albums, which can be quite time consuming, or try to use the search function again and hope to find it with a more specific combination of words (provided that I know anything more than the artist's name).

Now every time I get to this I'm thinking why can't I tap a button ('see all songs') which allows me to see all the artist's songs in a list? That is something I'm looking for intuitively. On the desktop version, the list of 5 can be extended to 10 most popular, but also here I'm thinking: why only 10?! Actually, the list I'm looking for can be brought up by the app already by playing the first song (while not in shuffle mode) and tapping the playlist icon. This brings up the kind of list I would like to see: all the artists songs I can just browse through. Only now I'm playing the first song, which I didn't want to hear at all.

Preferably, I would want to be albe to sort the list in order of popularity or alphabet.

Cheers!

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're keeping this idea marked as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks!

Comments
msb222

Yes, please make it possible to see all the songs of an artist.  Can't understand why this isn't an option already!

vulcan9611

google play music has had all tracks by artist for years. this favorite songs is **bleep**. either change spotify or i'll once again terminate my membership.

ejeffries1216

This is a must have!! Listen to your users.  It has been years that your users have been asking for this. Im shocked this hasn't been addressed already.   In this day and age, your service can become outdated quickly if you don't listen to your client's feedback. 

vulcan9611
i quickly went to google play music. screw spotify💀
raban624

I'm a long time Rhapsody (now Napster) user and after 7 years I made the switch to Spotify (still in trial) because of the music service subscription offering and the pricing and features for multiple family users and accounts. Spotify's allows me and my 3 other family members to have their own account access and we can all play our music at the same type. 

The good:

This is fantastic Spotify! Thanks for the better family experience and the pricing beats Rhapsody/Napster nd others!

The bad:

With RhapsodyNapster I LOVED looking up an artist and seeing a nice long scroll of the artist's songs listed in order of popularity. It literally goes 500 deep! This is a fantastic way to research an artist's catalog and build a playlist for their music.

As a long time user of an online music subscription service I can't express enough my disappointment and I'm frankly dumbfounded that I can ONLY view top 5 songs on the Spotify mobile app and 10 on the desktop. It was quite a chore exporting all my family's playlists from Rhapsody/Naptster to Spotify but this feature is SO important to me in a music streaming service (and I CAN'T be alone) that I'm actually considering moving back or to another service. 

Spotify - PLEASE make this a top 5 priority feature to add on your user experience roadmap. You WILL get more people to come over from Rhapsody/Napster if you do...and will probably retain many other users from bailing.

Thanks for listening and please keep me from moving on after a month of use. 

Bigtuna4456

It makes no sense that a music app does not allow you to view all an artist's songs in a simple, easy to reach place. I am puzzled as to why this functionality does not exist.

vulcan9611
that's why i switched to google play music. spotify needs to address this problem on their mobile app. ignoring won't help.
Jarviszimmer

Not sure why this is still a problem on my android...

vulcan9611
it's a problem because they haven't fixed it. this applies to mobile app only.
achavez486

YES, YES, YES, GOD PLEASE YES ALREADY!!!!!

I am so irritated by this !!!!!!!!!! Please please please add this function!!!!!!!!