Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Separate Streaming Quality for Wifi and mobile Data

I use Spotify when I'm at home (connected to wifi) and also when I'm away from home (connected to limited data connection - 100MB per day), and every time I must remember to change the streaming quality from settings (Android app).

It could be useful to have a setting for choosing wifi streaming quality and another setting for data connection streaming quality

Updated on 2020-11-26

Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We're pleased to confirm we're setting this to implemented.
It's now possible to split Streaming into Cellular Streaming and WiFi Streaming via the Settings Page > Audio Quality, on iOS and Android!

Comments
Chucklepie

In Deezer the are four quality settings for WiFi and data for streaming and downloading. In Spotify they seem to think that all users have unlimited data plans and have failed to offer this really simple to implement option.

Sadly deezer doesn't have a student option so I'm stuck with Spotify which yet again falls easy behind what deezer offersScreenshot_20171031-163506.png

StreamingHQ

Status?Update? 🤔

Drakie2000

Needed.

ferrum

Btw what are we supposed to do? Those who already expressed their discontent? Just wait until they respond? So that they could lock this thread as inactive...

Exzimbo

...re what to do next? Clearly Spotify themselves couldn't care otherwise they would have had the deceny to at least pass a coment that would include more than "we are working on it". As I said previously, such a fix would strip Spotify of the business 'carrot' that they offer service providors. It is in everyone's interest, (except the client of course) that the drive for mobile data consuption increases. In failing to respond to this thread, Spotify are acknowledging that what I said is true and what is the chance of them publicly admitting this?!

Pa2461

If mobiledata and wifi is ready, take wifi! Like other APPs!

BANZEE1

Hello everyone 

This idea is brilliant. I was going to post it when found this one. 

Please implement it soon because the data when extreme option is selected is drained so fast. 

Thanks a lot

Jakob102

I also think there should be an easy and quick way to change the streaming quality so that when I’m just listening with simple headphones I can put it on a low setting and then just switch back when I’m listening on a high end system to save mobile data. 

chompdog

It's absurd that this doesn't exist yet. Should be one of the most fundamental features of the mobile app.

This is soo old. Why do we not have this yet? I would love this feature having a limited amount of monthly data.