Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Separate Streaming Quality for Wifi and mobile Data

I use Spotify when I'm at home (connected to wifi) and also when I'm away from home (connected to limited data connection - 100MB per day), and every time I must remember to change the streaming quality from settings (Android app).

It could be useful to have a setting for choosing wifi streaming quality and another setting for data connection streaming quality

Updated on 2020-11-26

Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We're pleased to confirm we're setting this to implemented.
It's now possible to split Streaming into Cellular Streaming and WiFi Streaming via the Settings Page > Audio Quality, on iOS and Android!

Comments
m_jepson

This makes so much sense, I can't believe the option is not there yet.

ninja85a

Any updates on this or is it not going to be implemented?

gustavoprado

I'm still awaiting.

Hopsasa

Any update regarding this idea? It has been 7 ( SEVEN !!! ) years since this thread was created.

RB800

This seems pretty basic, has been under consideration way too long. Please make it happen! Save our mobile data!

redragondts

Not having this option in 2020 after it was suggested SEVEN YEARS AGO is honestly embarassing.

vimen

It is an awesome idea I ask myself why it has not be done yet

Designthings

Google has this feature, Apple has this feature (AFAIK)

How does a company that is JUST music, NOT have this feature?

colly_tyg

If also love to be able to do this to not use excessive data while out and about, but get the best sound quality while at home on WiFi in a quiet environment.

It was easy to set up in Deezer and this option has been requested for a number of years.

To change this manually in Spotify is not easy as the quality selection is right at the bottom of the settings menu.

Please add a drop down in the menu for mobile and a drop down for WiFi.

Melody
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-11-26

Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We're pleased to confirm we're setting this to implemented.
It's now possible to split Streaming into Cellular Streaming and WiFi Streaming via the Settings Page > Audio Quality, on iOS and Android!