Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Separate Streaming Quality for Wifi and mobile Data

I use Spotify when I'm at home (connected to wifi) and also when I'm away from home (connected to limited data connection - 100MB per day), and every time I must remember to change the streaming quality from settings (Android app).

It could be useful to have a setting for choosing wifi streaming quality and another setting for data connection streaming quality

Updated on 2020-11-26

Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We're pleased to confirm we're setting this to implemented.
It's now possible to split Streaming into Cellular Streaming and WiFi Streaming via the Settings Page > Audio Quality, on iOS and Android!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

austinthesing

This is a brilliant idea!!!!

Hey there.

I use at home 21 Mbps 3G DC-HSPA+ router (unlimited for 13 € month) and I have good speed 10-21 Mbps from mobilenetwork. However in my smartphone I have only 256 kbps unlimited speed for 2,90 € which is my monthfee incl. internet and 100 min voice to my network. I know, I use sometimes Spotify at home using my mobilephone using wifi, but changing quality manually is pain.

I would like this idea to be implemented so on mobile network I would like use 160 kbps and on wifi network 320 kbps. However also automatical option would be good so if I'm on poor area, Spotify should automatically try 96 kbps sound.

Thanks.

Echalotte

Good idea!

mupet0000

Great idea!

Rmeach

@mark2dp wrote:

I use Spotify when I'm at home (connected to wifi) and also when I'm away from home (connected to limited data connection - 100MB per day), and every time I must remember to change the streaming quality from settings (Android app).

It could be useful to have a setting for choosing wifi streaming quality and another setting for data connection streaming quality

100% agree.  When streaming Spotify, I often drop off wifi and don't realize it.  It is very easy to rack up several hundred mbs of data charges.  There should be a setting where the user can define how (or even if) he wants to continue streaming if he isn't on wifi.  Similar to the Applie iOS7 feature for updating applications in the background.   (I think this is a pretty simpe feature to add ...)

Daniel

Was just about to post this very same idea (but as always have been beaten to the punch). Kudos given to this idea as I think this is very useful for those using the mobile apps!

Feimitsu

Weird this idea has not been implemented yet, considering there's a separate quality setting for streaming/downloading. Please make it possible to select the quality depending on the network used!

blahsi

I would love to see this implemented!

WWWerner

Hope to be implemented soon

exist in Digitally Imported radio for premium user