Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Separate Streaming Quality for Wifi and mobile Data

I use Spotify when I'm at home (connected to wifi) and also when I'm away from home (connected to limited data connection - 100MB per day), and every time I must remember to change the streaming quality from settings (Android app).

It could be useful to have a setting for choosing wifi streaming quality and another setting for data connection streaming quality

Updated on 2020-11-26

Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We're pleased to confirm we're setting this to implemented.
It's now possible to split Streaming into Cellular Streaming and WiFi Streaming via the Settings Page > Audio Quality, on iOS and Android!

Comments
damonsalter

I think this is one feature that would help differentiate spotify from pandora.  I realize Spotify is focusing on user interface, music discovery, and playlist control to put there product in a market position, but people to care about having control of the playback quality and technical features very much also.  This options is available in Beats Music and the new Pono music service.  

Hi Spotify.

Extreme Quality streaming is absolutely killer, sounds amazing! Thank you for that.

I use Wi-Fi at home so I'm always set to Extreme Quality Streaming. I forgot to change that when I was on the road this last week. 

I used up my 4gb data plan in a few days! I found my usage is about 300mb for every hour I drive which means I'm listening to Extreme Quality while on my mobile data plan. It sounded amazing!

This would be great if it wasn't for the blood sucking Mobile Phone Data Plan companies in America milking us for all we're worth and limiting our options and our data.

I notice there is no option to select Extreme Quality Streaming via Wi-Fi and Normal Quality Streaming (cry) via Mobile Data. 

Please, this is a high priority for us as, for me, Verizon is anxiously waiting for me to go over the cap so they can charge me another 25 f'ing dollars for another gig of mobile data.

Thanks.

This is a great idea.

StevefromMOG

Yes all the other services have this. MOG did, Beats does too!

$10 is enough each month. No cell surcharges too. 

korrigon
Please do this... Google has also.
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

DasKraut37
Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Jbeam
I would appreciate this option as well. It is a pain to have to switch the quality so frequently.
maltin

We need this feature badly. Changing quality manually is cumbersome and the risk of forgetting to do so when I leave my wi-fi is way too high.

Ultima

Yes +1 from me, Deezer has this option on it's mobile app!