Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Separate Streaming Quality for Wifi and mobile Data

I use Spotify when I'm at home (connected to wifi) and also when I'm away from home (connected to limited data connection - 100MB per day), and every time I must remember to change the streaming quality from settings (Android app).

It could be useful to have a setting for choosing wifi streaming quality and another setting for data connection streaming quality

Updated on 2020-11-26

Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We're pleased to confirm we're setting this to implemented.
It's now possible to split Streaming into Cellular Streaming and WiFi Streaming via the Settings Page > Audio Quality, on iOS and Android!

Comments
LtMunst

Beats has this....time for Spotify to get onboard.

ivesyboy

I would love to see this implemented.

WalterB
Would be nice to have and doesn't seem like a Lot of work to implement.
Schustiii

I will this 😮 !!!

Who add 1 Kudos to 100? Then Spotify will look to this issue!!!

thomandjerry

This needs to be implemented! Please!!!!!!

djgo
This just makes sense. Kudo'd!
louwill

Kudo'd.  I listen to extreme at home or outside using a Bluetooth speaker, but I don't want to listen to extreme when at work on mobile.

zwii

Part of the reason I started paying for Spotify is the ability to stream anywhere. But listening on extreme quality while on a mobile network can get expensive data-wise, and I often forget to change to a lower setting or change back to a higher setting, especially when I'm driving around town. This is a great, easily implemented idea!

damonsalter

I can't believe this idea has been out there for a year and still hasn't been incorporated into the mobile players.  The app already has permissions to see my network status.  Come on spotify, who is the product manager for this?  Maybe try scrum or another agile methology for your dev teams, to get these things taken care of quicker.