Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Separate Streaming Quality for Wifi and mobile Data

I use Spotify when I'm at home (connected to wifi) and also when I'm away from home (connected to limited data connection - 100MB per day), and every time I must remember to change the streaming quality from settings (Android app).

It could be useful to have a setting for choosing wifi streaming quality and another setting for data connection streaming quality

Updated on 2020-11-26

Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We're pleased to confirm we're setting this to implemented.
It's now possible to split Streaming into Cellular Streaming and WiFi Streaming via the Settings Page > Audio Quality, on iOS and Android!

Comments
SoggyRizla

Now I have spotify connect on desktop I need this feature even more x

nitramwin

Just putting my comment here to show 100% support for this. PLEASE create a differentiated quality setting for cell data and WiFi. 

Since there is already a button that indicates whether downloads should occur when not in WiFi, there must be an application in the Spotify app testing whether the connection is via cell or WiFi. Use this in conjunction with a more detailed input.

ie

Option A

-> quality of music playing over cell data; Low, Med,High;

Option B

-> quality of music playing over wifi: Low, Med,High; 

..and voila. The correct music quality has been chosen that DOESNT eat up all my data in two days of commuting! 🙂

Thanks 

xeo_it

This feature would be awesome!

Paulsmithy90
Deezer has this feature so it's definitely possible
cazzamatazz
Really keen for this!
coolconman

It's pretty stu that they group both cellular and wifi into "streaming." These are entirely different use cases. There needs to be an option to set quality for each!

Philfy01
I was going to suggest this and saw it had already been posted. I was wondering why I was eating up so much data on my run until I realised I had switched the quality up when I was in my wifi network.
JHenrique

This is one of the reasons that are making me switch from Spotify to some other service. Deezer, Beats, Rdio and even the not so old Google Music already have this feature for a long time. These other services are always implementing new features (like Deezer's recent lyrics and sing along options). I guess Spotify thinks that their custumers will stick to their service no matter how outdated it looks. Its time to innovate a little more, or at least "copy" some good features that other streaming services already have for ages.

karlockhart

This is an awesome idea!! ++OP

tawoody
Please make it happen Spotify devs!