[Mobile] Single use downloads / downloads with "expiration"

It would be nice to have an option to download songs, albums, and playlists that will be removed to free up storage space after a first listen / a set amount of time. This could be a generic setting applied to all music available online, or be an alternative option to the simple "Download" menu item.

It could work like for podcast managers (i.e. delete after the first listen), by automatically deleting after a set amount of time (e.g. 7 days), or a combination of the two (e.g. once I listen to a song / album / playlist, it will be removed after 2 days unless I play it again, in which case the expiration is delayed).

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

0 Likes
Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here