Announcements

[Mobile][Social] Permanent Scannable Group Session Code

So trying to make it short, since spotify session became a thing, me and my best friend have been using it almost every day before sleeping listening to music together and this new spotify feature really marked our relationship. However everyday we have to send the session’s scannable code / link, my idea at first was to buy her a gift (a medallion with the code of one of the songs that mean a lot to us because we listened a lot to it) because every session has a different code and if it was the session code it would not work because she would not be able to joint the session with the old code, but if it was possible to create a scannable code of a permanent session that she can scan every time we want to listen to music together it would be the best thing ever. 

Adding a permanent group session scannable code would be awesome so it can be used in key chains and other ideas as gifts for friends.

B3A3F108-B045-44C4-AA04-87A619FDE653.jpeg

Updated on 2021-01-16

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Others can now vote on it and add to the conversation to show their support.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Visitor

Also, it would be awesome to show the party code on the Chromecast (optional by default or only when host starts a party). Me and my roommates really often listen Spotify in the living room TV and it would be cool if all the roommates could just join the session by scanning the code displayed on the TV

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2021-01-16

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Others can now vote on it and add to the conversation to show their support.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!