Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
chobble

Please bring back shuffle all songs in folders within a playlist for premium subscribers. Don't really see any benefit to removing this feature...Especially when you "shuffle" on an artist's page and it only shuffles a select amount of songs in their discography. Very lame.

Can't believe, while navigating through the community forums, how many people I saw complaining about the shuffle button...Here's an idea: don't hit it if you don't want to shuffle; problem solved. 

Bobby_Ewing

this is the most stupid thing spotify ever has done

alexaz95

Really missing this feature too. Used it every day.

johnniewalker23

Used this feature quite a bit. Why was it removed?

pigguts1888

Android users getting shafted again. Can't amend playlists on Android, and now we can't shuffle play all songs from a list? Why did that get removed? Ridiculous.

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2017-03-08

Marked as new idea.

eworthing

Another bad idea from Spotify. Remove a perfectly good, useful feature that power users loved. If you are going to remove this at least replace with the ability to queue full playlists. 

SandroQC

Why marked as new? It is a "bugfix". A feature that was working perfectly fine and they removed (intentionally or not)...

aj_from_nc

This is just plain dumb. I don't actually even believe that anybody consciously removed this in an app update...more like it just got completely lost in regression testing. I'm going to assume that's what happened, and I'm going to thank the Spotify app development team in advance for bringing this feature back in the next app update!  Thank you!!!

Shoeman

This was the main reason I kept my premium subscription even with the ridiculous 3.333 download limit that no other service has. Hierarchical folders were a unique Spotify feature and essential to me. My whole library organization depends on that. Please bring it back, you have just killed the only differential Spotify still had.