Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
SandroQC

Official response from the support team. :-(Official response from the support team. 😞

j4w3l

What's the point to still have Playlist Folders if there is no way to play all songs from the folder (shuffle or not) ?

It's kinda ununderstandable to have removed it.

mdona

Used it everyday and super disappointed its gone. The only workaround that I've found is to make a seperate playlist and ctrl+click every song you have in your folder and add it to the new playlist so you can shuffle the "folder playlist" on your phone. It's a joke and took me a long time. The monthly fee I pay should make my life easier, not more complicated.

Equdes

I came from Deezer to Spotify 3 years ago and seems like I will go where I did come just because the absence of this feature..

1withthefreaks

so annoying. this is what I used all the time.

Devildawg1

Like all the other commentors I'm very frustrated that a service that I pay a monthly subscription for would remove a feature that worked perfectly.  The fact that the Android version of the app doesn't even contain the same basic functionality of the iPhone version is already frustrating enough.  I mean seriously whose idiotic idea was it to not include the ability to reorder songs or a playlist?  No wonder the company has never turned a profit. 

Looks like it's time cancel my family plan to check out Google Music again... 

Pauly4Sure

I'll consider other music services if this feature doesn't come back. It's the #1 way I play music.

robboten

To remove it in the first place was really weird. Not communicating anything to users about why is about really unprofessional. Removing functionality on only one device (Android), especially since Android users has been treated like **bleep** before from Spotify, is really like begging for people to get upset and leave the service. Ur strategies are really faulty. Just saying... (Not that anyone up there seem to care anyway). 

cosgrovej77

I recently started using this feature, and starting building folders to mix up my playlists. Then, I hop in the car and it no longer existed. Please bring this one back, it is quite useful, especially for long drives or when at work. 

webmars

I used this feature a lot. Somehow I can't upvote this ''''new idea''''', so here's my support by means of a comment. I would like to see this feature return on Android. It's weird it's on desktop, but not on my mobile.

**edit** after logging in I could upvote 🙂