Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
squaredbear

This shouldn't be a new idea, but a bug fix.  Will be switching services if this is not fixed.

MidBayMike

Adding on, used this every day, bring it back pleas3.  Not sure why I'm paying if your going to restrict the ways I can enjoy the music...

fotors3

Please, please, PLEASE bring this back. I love my music and I love organization. I often will turn on the folder shuffle to listen to a mix of albums. I use my Blink 182 folder as an example. I have 5 of their albums, but don't like listening to everything in order. I love hearing some of Dude Ranch followed by a new song from California, and back to another older album. I would love if Spotify puts this feature back in the mobile version. A lot of people use this feature. Thank you very much. 

JPPP

Such a retarded move to remove this feature. I have my playlists sorted in folders by genre, whats the point with having folders if you cant play all the songs within it. This was one of the vital features for the application, now i feel like the application is ruined. BRING IT BACK NOW!

mostlysober

I hope this will make a difference.  As everyone says, there is no point having folders if you can't shuffle the contents. Come on Spotify, why did you do this??

mike95060

This is/was a unique feature which keeps longtime members of Spotify on Android like me listening and subscribing. It's an easy/effortless way for me to listen to a broad slice of my selected favorite music without getting bored!  I sure do miss it. 

Tignorjl41

I used this feature daily for years. As a writer, I like building playlists not only for what I'm writing, but also for the individual characters as well. I put these in a playlist folder, as it was a super convenient way to organize them. Sometimes, when I'm writing on the go and am away from my computer, I like to shuffle listen to these playlists on my phone. Now, I can't, and it's really upsetting. This particular feature was one of the reasons why I paid for a premium subscription, and now it's gone. Not only is it gone, but it's only gone on the Andriod platform, which makes absolutely no sense and is a rude slap in the face to all Android users (whom I assume make up a large portion of your users). My individual money might not make a huge difference to you, but I just want to let you know that I and others are extraordinarily disappointed in this decision, and while I can't speak for others, I can say that if the shuffle playlist folder option isn't brought back, I will cancel my premium subscription and take my business to a different streaming service.

I also cannot vote on this topic for some reason, so adding a comment.  I *have* just cancelled my family premium, because without this feature spotify is fairly pointless for my family's in-car listening.  Back to buying and ripping CDs as well as digital downloads for me.

stadtkind

I downgraded to v7.7 to get back this feature.

I don't know if your programmers know why this feature is so fundamentally useful: I love subscribing to playlists. But listening to only one playlist is quickly becoming boring, so you shuffle your subscriptions in a folder. Also workarounds are useless when using subscribed playlists. If Spotify was a static, inert platform this feature wouldn't be needed. Always having to pick out a playlist or album first is a real hassle.

PLEASE bring back usefulness.

P. S. or is your random numbers generator on overload? Why is there no statement, why is it still available on the other platforms?

JohanimalJ

This should be back!!! I read many users build their libraries, knowing this specific feature is available, as did I! This is such a basic functionality that very much defines the way you build libraries. Hours of organizing music for different occaions and moods now seems so pointless! Horrible 😞