Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
pfqrst

This feature existed until July on iOS and I have no idea why Spotify would have removed it.

mike1049

The absence of this feature is a major impediment to adopting Spotify as my one-and-only music player on my phone.

This need to be in spotify!!

mike1049

The design and implementation needs to preserve ordering of imported folder content so that the default play order is as the user established in constructing the folders, just as is done for the desktop.

Pinchroller

So we can't have more than 10,000 songs in our library, and we can't work around it using folders on mobile. For real, music is made much more widely available these days so it's not unrealistic to have large libraries, yet spotify seems adamant on making sure we can't conveniently listen to all of our music. This is ridiculous.

thibierge

Hi Spotify developpers friends,

I'm disappointed with your "We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts."

As it is a requirement of many paying customers, it's obviously a good-mandatory-urgent-to-do feature. Keep in mind that other paying music online services are doing it. At the moment, it's only because I wan't to favorize your European company that I continue paying 15€ a month despite the lack of this shuffle folder playing feature. Don't play too long with my nerves, please !

MattyMarlow

So..... It's not just me..... Utterly ridiculous to not allow a shuffle of ALL my songs. Once my cheap trial ends, I'll be cancelling and going elsewhere. 

MM

mike1049

Another sub-topic related to this request:  As things now stand, my phone cannot even play a playlist of local files sequentially on a remote PC.  This is true irrespective of whether the playlist titles are downloaded to the phone.  To be clear, here is the scenario:

1.  I am listening to Spotify on a desktop.

2.  Using my fully patched Pixel 2, with Spotify Connect I request the desktop to play a playlist from the top.

3.  The first song in the playlist plays as desired.

4.  After the first song is over, a song other than the second plays, despite NOT requesting shuffle play.

5.  Pseudo-random play continues.

mike1049

Spotify has a real opportunity here to implement a feature requested by users, and to deploy it in a robust, fully tested manner.  Too many features outside of the streaming core are fragile and don't work as advertised, coming as a shock to tier 1 support.  Local playlists are a great example.  Why is is necessary to maintain the original files even after the "download" is complete?  That's TWO copies of the music.   Lack or robustness is what keeps me looking for alternatives to Spotify.

Ashantidt

BRING IT BACK ! I LOVED THIS OPTION TO SHUFFLE!!!!!!!!PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!