Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Emac777

If you won't enable shuffling between All Playlists, could you consider a Like All button within a Playlist so we don't have to select it for each and every song? Thank you, Liz

nuspeakmusiccom

Please do add this feature!! I switched without realizing I wouldn't be allowed to do this, not even manually, which is pretty ridiculous. Does your software really keep track of where I added a song to a playlist from and then refuse to shuffle it together with songs from another playlist?? WHY?!? Might switch back to Apple Music...

Greenberet

Google play music had this feature but they are phasing that app out. Look at how simple it looks 

Screenshot_20200717-042518_Google Play Music.jpg

Pipe_TC

Why did you remove this function? It was really useful 😞

I am a premium member since so much time ago 😞 and I created a folder with more than 50000 songs within 6 playlists. And this was the main reason why I recommended Spotify to my friends.

Pipe_TC

Come on Spotify, bring it back, please! 😞

csky

Hi again. I will try to explain why this feature is so important to me:

I listen to different styles of music, sometimes classic, sometimes other genres like rock, lounge, ethno, electronics and so on. And of course I have other folders with other music preferences and orders.

If I would like to listen to a mix of all these favourites of mine without having to multiply the folder content, which I usually do, I can do it from the top folder and down the folder structure on desktop Spotify.

It's as simple as that! And! It already exists in the desktop version. So, just enable it, please.

As a last resort, give a reasonable reason about not implementing the feature other than that this function is not asked for by enough users or that it is not actual right now.

We have now shown that there are many users interested in this.
KiltedHopKilla

"We marked this as a new idea!"  Seriously, if this is a new idea to you, then it's time for a R&D personnel department overhaul.  There is obviously some profit motive standing in the way of doing this, such as not wanting to invest in more talented programmers or personnel in order to execute this idea and others.

jasonv59

So I recently started using Spotify and was impressed with this feature in the desktop app and was planing on using it within the mobile app and found it missing, thus my reason for reviewing this thread.

This is very useful feature for users who want to mix different types of music without creating a whole new playlist.

Please re-enable this feature.

Thanks.

lipedeitos

Please...

First of all sorry about my english, is not my native language so, I'll try.

This feature is very important as everyone said, a it can be a little more than only play "folders".

A more elegant solution would be let the user select "N" playlist and them play them together.

In my case I'v separated all my music in playlist depending on its genre, so one day my mood makes me hear one thing, I'm the type of person that plays music genres according to my mood... So I have like 6-7 lists. On desktop app, I'v created a folder with 7 playlists, but I can only play one of them or all of them... If I want to play "Rap" and "Pop" together without "Country" I CAN'T.

In the mobile APP, I cannot even play the folder, only a playlist.
Is a UX Designer this is really embarassing. Please at least, give the users a feedback and one estimative.

millson249

This feature doesn't require a ton of effort to re-implement, and is incredibly helpful. For example, I have several Spotify playlists I subscribe to within different genres. Using this feature (which I only have by preventing updates to my Spotify App and locking it at the last good version), I can then group them by the genres and just play the folder. I can't do this without this feature, because I don't control the playlists since I subscribe to them. In order to accomplish the same goal, I literally have to open all the playlists, copy them, and paste them into one large playlist any time one of the individually subscribed playlists changes. Do you have any idea how tedious and annoying that is? I'm seriously about to switch to some other service. I haven't updated my app in literally years now because of this, and now I find out you've removed the landscape view from the newer versions of the app too? Even more incentive for me to keep updates disabled or move services. Spotify is seriously going down hill.