Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
lauzivert_

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!!! IN REGARDS TO THE DRIVING MODE SURVEY SENT OUT A FEW WEEKS AGO, THIS OPTION WOULD BE SO GREAT!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

jaagupku

Somewhere out there is old Spotify .apk file which has this feature. You can install it and then have 2 spotifies on your phone. One new one and one old one with this feature.

pcferreira

I am from Brazil and I contacted the Spotify team to find out why the option to play songs at random has been removed and I am told that this feature is being removed from members with a free account. I want this feature to be maintained as it is what I use most when listening to my playlists daily.

csky
That is simply not true! I had a Premium account for more than one year
until recently.
I guess they want to sell you a Premium.
pcferreira

I think the same thing.

They said they are studying the return of function.

MattyMarlow
UNTRUE!   I pay for my service and it's still not an option
UsernameUser

This is such a SIMPLE, BASIC, and KEY feature that it is inconceivable that it is not available on your mobile platforms.  Please fix this ASAP!!  We should be allowed to Shuffle play ALL songs in our Library, regardless of which Playlists they are in.

nathan57

Please bring this feature back!! I have a yearly playlist folder containing monthly playlists. I would love to be able to shuffle all the songs for each of my years!

Why are there no current plans to implement this? It's not some radical feature. I can't imagine why this wouldn't take more than a couple lines of code to add.

There is a work-around that usually works.  If you shuffle play the folder from desktop - and then use "Devices Available" to switch to your mobile device, the Playlist Folder will play on your mobile device.  My Android will even show - "Playing from Playlist Folder"!

csky

I think we were talking about shuffle-playing multiple playlists in folders and subfolders, I believe. The desktop is of no use when not at home.