Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
csky

Again, we are not talking about "option to play the songs randomly present in the application". Random Shuffle Play works fine even in free mobile version. Spotify is not a "random, simple" player.

We are talking about Spotify mobile version not being able to play "cross-subfolder random play". Players like Deezer do to my knowldege not have any folder options at all, thus it is not exactly comparable. But I understand your point. Personally I find Deezer useless, but that's not the topic here.

FrangyBeanz

Keeping up my annual tradition of coming back to this thread and marvelling at how a feature like this was removed and how outcrys from the loyal user base continue to be ignored. 

Jon_UK

How the heck is this not a thing? I mean, sure, I can make a playlist containing everything in a particular folder, but that seems pretty stupid to me. Especially as it's an option on other platforms. Please can you un-"not right now" this and reimplement it!?

pcferreira

In Spotify Lite you still have the option to play songs in random order in playlists. 

KiltedHopKilla

Spotify, your algorithms are horrible.  I select shuffle and I keep hearing the same songs often in the same order.  You really should implement better random shuffle options.  You should also provide an option to play least played songs, songs not played in a week, month, year, etc; These options of course would take a much more talented team than I have seen demonstrated thus far.  I am losing my patience with your company and customer acquisition costs should motivate you to do better.

kentonvannatten
@pcferreira wrote:

In Spotify Lite you still have the option to play songs in random order in playlists. 

We're not talking about random playing within playlists. We're talking about being able to have multiple playlists and having it play random across all the playlists (like it does on the desktop version).

Say you have made Playlist A, Playlist B, Playlist C. 

There should be a way to have your mobile app play a song from A, C, B, C, A, B, etc randomly. 

This is especially frustrating when you subscribe to playlists that are updated daily or weekly, like Discover Weekly or Daily Mix, but you might also want to hear songs in your other curated playlists as well. 

jodabu

Yes, yes, yes. Please, please, please, bring this back for mobile and make it available in Android Auto.

I've been trying for sometime to get a good mixed genre radio station going. Never was satisfied with various methods. Spotify's 'Stations' app is an improvement, but still lacks the ability for my versatile needs without having to manually change stations.

I recently discovered that you can shuffle all playlists within a folder—and this works with Spotify's artist radio. Heart or follow an artist radio and move it to a folder (i.e. Radio Playlists) and click on play at the folder level, making sure shuffle is on. Seems to work nicely so far.

Then I learned that it doesn't work on mobile nor Android Auto. I primarily listen to Spotify on Android Auto or on my Sonos system through the mobile app. I vary rarely use Spotify on Desktop except for folder creation and heavy playlist maintenance.

MitchellKivits

Hi Spotify, 

It seems this is a very popular request and for a long time. If you are not going to implement this request can you at least explain why not. 
thanks. 

victor_r882

It is super anoying that I can play a folder in the computer Spotify App but not in Android. So I have to make a playlist with all the playlists in the folder containing all songs so I can do that on Android. No logic on have this feature only on PC.

Oskarber

Why was this removed in the first place? For everyone sorting playlist by year that feature was really useful ;-(