Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Marastar5

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me listen to my playlist folders on the web browser or mobile app (Android)!! 

I use them every day and it drives me crazy that I cannot listen to my folders when I'm at work (they don't allow the desktop app to be downloaded) or while I'm in the car using my mobile app. 

StefanDH

Dear Spotify,

With 100+ pages of comments and almost 3.000 votes, we - your paying customers - do not understand why this option was removed in the first place, and how come you're deaf for this very obvious request.

Either bring it back - as it was in 2017 - or come up with a very good explanation. But opening a community where your users can vote and comment on proposals, and then just putting it on "Not Right Now" without any explanation or follow-up is simply not right.

Shuffling through different folders is the one option I use every day. It's really annoying having to start up a pc to start this feature, and then picking it up on my Android phone. Which by the way means it's technically possible in your database set-up, so why wait to implement it on the Android app?

densik

This feature available on Desktop but not Mobile...It should have be on mobile just based on this fact, common sense, and a willingness to have a cohesive experience across platforms!

bedran

I totally understand that it is probable that this feature was removed because of coding issues, but it has been three years now and it doesn't really make sense to keep it like this, especially after seeing how many people want it back. You probably even have customers who would be very happy to find this "new" feature on mobile devices too.

Uckidera

"Coding issues" as a reason is a joke, it went very well before you changed it. Just do it, we are paying for it!

strannik

I was hanging on to Spotify, despite the loss of features, because I was able to use it in my DJ Software.  I hadn't done any DJing for a while, but I have an event tonight.  I came with my carefully sculptured playlist and plugged into the deck.  Then I got a message that Spotify no longer supports 3rd party players, including the DJ software.

Goodbye Spotify - you just took away the last reason that I have been hanging on to you.  I will be actively shopping for a new streaming service this week.

Cwrobel95

This feature is something that is desperately needed on the Android app (and iOS too, but Android first :P)... I organize all of my 635 (and growing) playlists into folders so that I can separate them by genre/mood and stay organized. Sometime I want to listen to a particular playlist, but sometimes I want to shuffle a SET of playlists via folders and leave it going all day while I'm at work, or working on other tasks, etc... I can do this on the desktop app without any issue. I can even do it on the desktop app, then choose my phone as the device and it works just fine... but I can't natively shuffle play a folder on the app itself.. it doesn't make any sense to me why this limitation is in place.

In lieu of having an actual "shuffle ALL downloaded songs", this is the most efficient workaround I've been able to muster and it's rather frustrating when I can't do it properly on the mobile app, especially when the mobile app is where I do 80%~ of my listening. I have an "ALL" folder that houses all other folders, and loose playlists so I can simply shuffle play "ALL" and it will play randomly through my 65,000+ songs that I have saved in one way or another over my years and years of using Spotify, and Spotify Premium.

strannik

So I dumped Spotify and switched to Tidal. They do not have folders at all (my first support request to them was to get some and do it right), but they picked up the function that Spotify dropped: they work seamlessly with Djay Pro software. There is also the option to get high rez, and even masters quality.

for music purchases, I will buy hi-def stuff from Qobuz.

The best streaming service is the one I set up myself on a raspberry pi: Airsonic.

https://airsonic.github.io

I would like to have the option to shuffle play folders. All the playlists will be mixed together and songs are drawn at random from all the playlists in that folder.

EarlPurple

just put back what you had already.

I can't see why you insist on taking features away

I had to merge all the playlists in the folder into one.

And with 6,500 songs in this massive playlist, I still don't know why I hear songs I only heard recently. None of the tracks in there are duplicated (although a handful of songs do appear for more than one artist).