Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
rainez

I only recently discovered I was able to make folders after trying to make a playlist on the Spotify desktop app this past week. I instantly fell in love with the feature, it was everything I needed and more! The ease of being able to sort playlists into titled folders AND be able to shuffle tracks from all of the playlists at once has been a dream. Many of the playlists I create or save are very specific to a type of genre/mood/sound, that's where the folder feature comes in handy. So having the ability to shuffle tracks from all playlists within a designated folder has greatly expanded my listening sessions! Now the major downfall is only being able to use these features on the desktop app, which is obviously not convenient when on the go. 

Very sad to find out that the shuffle feature was apparently once on mobile and had been removed, and probably won't be implemented any time soon. Please add this feature on mobile! It's great for broadening your listening sessions to add tracks you otherwise would have had to queue frequently or had to switch to other playlists to listen to.

Uckidera

I am not a "Tech-Pro": Where is the problem in having this in the mobile version anyway?!?!

godzero

The problem I have on Android is that the Daily Mix is ALWAYS on shuffle. Even if you switch it of, it still shuffles, which is really enjoying.

Please fix this bug.

Thanks.

ghofmann
That would be a totally separate issue, I would recommend searching for a
post about that specific issue, or create your own if there isn't one
already.
rikverstraete

3500 votes and still not right now ! what more do you need to implement this 

rikverstraete

i posted it here a while a go, but as long as Spotify does not bring this feature back . Developer Modstore made the application playmixify : Mix your playlists into a new combined list; it automaticly syncs the changes in the playlists underneath. I have over 200 playlists of individual bands or artists , all put into a folder. I let plaxmixify create a mix playlist of some of those artists and that one i can shuffle on my mobile device. It works brilliant ! The small bugs that i reported he quickly adjusted them, no even more then 5000 songs or more than 50 playlists are kept in sync with this app : https://playmixify.com/ 

Kinrade
Cheers for the tip mate on it
allenjwsc
Thanks. I started using playmixify when I saw it mentioned a while back. It is great. Even better than what I was originally asking for.

Thanks!
archiede
It immediately asks for spotify login details. How secure is this? Doesn't seem you can get to the site / app without entering them first.
allenjwsc
It is true, your Spotify credentials are required, and I also hesitated, but Playmixify is like any other app that uses an API to provide access to a service (like Tweetbot for Twitter or Apollo for Reddit). There is no other way, and I believe your credentials are not being "stored" by Playmixify. You merely authorize it to do things on your behalf, and you can revoke that authority at any time.

I understand the concern, but I finally decided it would be ok. So far, so good.

Perhaps someone else can provide more technical details of the process.