Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
rwells1703

Spotify, please hire me, I beg, I'm a dev and I will literally implement this feature for free...

Jokes aside, it's really sad that we cannot do this anymore as it makes organizing my playlists so much harder.

It's already a feature on desktop, why not mobile? Granted most users probably don't use folders, but clearly, as you can see from this 102-page thread, there are still a lot of us that do and love them!! Surely the users that are organizing their playlists by folders are the same people that want to shuffle by them - it won't affect or confuse anyone else. 

Is there some reason it's not on mobile? I can't think of an explanation of why not.

The UI has enough room for a button, and surely the performance of the shuffling algorithm cant be so bad that today's mobile devices won't be able to manage it?! What other explanation can there be then, apart from your team not having enough time to implement the feature?

Many music enthusiasts take organizing their songs very seriously, and for something so basic, I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented since 2017. Reading this thread, it looks like you're already starting to lose previously loyal users to competing services that actually do offer the feature that you've removed.

Please see that so many people have been begging for this feature back for a long time, and give us what we want as paying customers!

Uckidera

The way Spotify reacts respectively NOT reacts shows their attitude.

But sit back and think about what you are without your customers: Nothing.

There are a few examples of app-providers who were really successful and then did not care about the ones who paid their business and who thought they would be invincible and then a "disruptor" washed them away.

Decide your future, Spotify.

ghostlibrary

Please bring this feature back.

Jon358

Why is this feature available on desktop but not mobile? Please bring it back to mobile.

Jaro

Dear Spotify. Please bring back the ability to shuffle play playlist folders. I have been a premium member since the beginning and I really miss this feature. So pretty please with sugar on top, bring it back!!!

PLEASE

Vycel

Spotify,

I can't stress enough how important this feature is to those with a high level of organization. The disservice you've done to your premium subscribes in the last (almost) 4 years is starting to become unreconcilable. There a thousands of customers begging to BRING THIS FEATURE BACK. Yes, it previously existed as you're fully aware. Even worse it currently exists on the desktop platform. A proverbial slap in the face to those that actually listen to music outside of home...🤔

It blows my mind we're still talking about this. Bring it back already.

-Loyal but disgruntled customer

Uckidera

Maybe we should "inform" Daniel Ek about how his staff handles this respectively treats the paying customers.

A few million tweets may get his attention ...? 😅

https://twitter.com/eldsjal?lang=de

I wonder what wonderful and more important features take precedence over something so basic and necessary as this...

flabbygums

Funny this is still a thing. I replied a million years ago, heard nothing, and went to Apple where you can do this. So, it must be that they want to save DB costs.. it's a massive expense. It pays for the CTO's new bathroom, kitchen, and Tesla in the driveway.

WabbyTwax

How can there be this big of a demand for an easy feature to implement and yet it goes completely ignored?

You had a perfect product without question, and yanked the tires off.  Who are you paying to make such awful business decisions??

1. Take shuffle all button

2. Put button on playlists

3. You're done its that simple, go home, enjoy life, you made the perfect product

4. You are nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for making the best thing in the world ever