Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
GoddaNik

it's hard to implement cuz u need to hire programmers 🤣

Uckidera

😂👌

karlmacnaughton

…and as of a month or so ago, the starting-playing-on-desktop-then-switching-devices workaround doesn’t work either. Just keeps getting better (!)  Wireless speaker with Spotify Connect built in is now useless.

celcitoasis

My organisation system consists of a genre folder such as Rock music and then several playlists divided by decade ie - 60s rock music, 70s rock music, 80s rock music etc.  Very often I want to listen to rock music by decade as 60s rock is a totally different vibe to 00s rock. HOWEVER sometimes I am not in a specific mood and I am happy to just listen to all the different eras of rock together.

What's most annoying is that on Spotify Mac and PC this is POSSIBLE.  You can shuffle all playlists nested in a folder, but on IOS and android this is NOT POSSIBLE.  I read a post from about 7 years ago which mentioned this actually WAS POSSIBLE but you guys went and turned it off because you claimed that not many people used it and it 'took too many resources to maintain'.

You may have been able to get away with a response like that in 2015 when you were still relatively newish but I'm sorry but for a public company valued at $72bn with hundreds of millions of subscribers in 2021 - an excuse like it is 'too hard to maintain' is simply unacceptable for a company of your size and resources today.  Although maybe not a majority of users want this feature, many millions do - and the fact that you have this feature on mac and PC and you USED TO HAVE this feature years and years ago but then removed it just isn't good enough.

Please bring back this feature ASAP!

McClausky

@celcitoasis 

We've been asking to add the Shuffle button to a folder for years (Android).  Spotify just don't care about it's users.

Kinrade

Spotify does care about its users, this just aint on the agenda right now, heres hoping they add it back soon though 🤙

Alles

I mean what is the purpose of having different playlists in a folder when you can not play this folder as it was a playlist. And why should you not organize songs in a playlist to be able to play just parts of this playlist. Also i think it should tell you when you see a song you have downloaded or in a playlist in another public playlist of someone else in which playlists of yours this song is already implemented. Else you have to download all your playlists or search for the song when you have no internet connection to see if you already have this song in one of your playlists.

WizardJams
It looks like they added folder shuffle again. I'm a happy camper!
csky

No, they haven't.

McClausky
Nope. I confirm folder shuffle has NOT been implemented in Android.