Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
yvesfrateur

Love to see this feature in the mobile app. It would help to effortlessly discover new music while on the go. 

allenjwsc

Admittedly, I skipped to the end of the comments (there are 117 pages), but it appears that the suggestion to be able to play playlist folders was made and Spotify said, "Uh, no, we're not going to do that."

If the reason is not enough votes for it, well, that is very short-sighted. I would think it would be wise to listen to long-time, die hard Spotify users who likely promote Spotify to others.

How hard could it be? Is there a downside for Spotify?

Spotify, can you provide more information on why not?

Please reconsider this decision.

funwin

You wouldn't believe it @allenjwsc, it WAS a feature! Spotify actively removed it from mobile.

It used to have a "shuffle all" button at the top of each playlist folder that disappeared after an update.

allenjwsc

@funwin I don't understand the secrecy. I'm sure there is a reason not to allow us to play playlist folders on mobile anymore. 

Since you can still do it by starting to play on a desktop device then picking it up on mobile, how hard could it be to put that in?

It makes one wonder if Spotify really pays any attention to these discussions.

I love Spotify. Don't know what I'd do without it. This is frustrating though.

McClausky

I've said it many times.  They don't care about its users.   Fortunately we have this website playmixify.com that will do the job.  Unbelievable how a developer can enable this feature but Spotify will still refuse.

kalman1982

I would use it to shuffle personal offline tracks into a larger library (which is possible in the Windows version).

JKwon_The_Chef

Spotify is an awful company and has zero interest in providing their customers with a positive experience. If I could pirate your shitty service I would do it in a heartbeat.

Kinrade

Hopefully Adele complains about this as well 🤞

dolejs

Sorry, I am leaving this thread, I guess spotify just muted it and no-one will ever see it, so we are just complaining about it but no-one will actually solve it, I wish you all good luck with bringing it back, but iam more and more depressed every time i see new email about new person complainng 😞

Just create multiple playlists with same songs and have a nice time listening 😄

EuSouSamir

this is one of the features that I'm most eager to see implemented in the platform!