Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
joaoarruda

It would make a world of difference for me to have this feature of mobile 🙏

alien236

Why is it so d*mn hard to put this feature back when it ALREADY EXISTED years ago?

jward1

Feature exists on desktop, shouldn't be anything to add to mobile. Tired of Spotify marking suggestions as "not right now" more like we don't care, we're not going to do it.

Petoodle

Dear Spotify,

• Due to this, I used the old version via an older spotify apk for years (downloaded from a fishy site).
  • Now that is starting to break not being updated for 5 years, now I come back to the new version you still have not implemented this again.
  • It already exists on Desktop and was available still in the old apk, it can take no more than a week to implement this on mobile for a single developer.
  • There were more than 3500 votes, and more than 1200 comments indicating how strongly desired this feature is. Saying few people use it is no excuse, it takes a week to do, and you can see there are thousands of people who want this so badly they search for it, and vote for it.

Putting this in the Not Right Now section feels hurtful. It feels like you do not care: it's simple to implement and many people want it, yet you do not implement it. Please show you care.

Testespotspao

Come on Spotify,Deezer and others has this feature, wake-up, just give a shuffle mode we can shuffle all music's from downloaded playlists,simple as that.

linuslovholm

Another year, and this feature still not restored. Like many others I also use an old APK, but it's starting to break now due to changed APIs (my guess). 

The feature is still present in the newest desktop UI update, so it seems like it's something people use. Why not on mobile though? 

SteSatake

Really, Spotify?? I just wanna listen an entire folder, with all playlists or subfolder inside. How can this feature be available only for desktop app??? And it’s very hidden!! It's not something new!! Just, please, bring it up to mobile app!!

hcy98

Feature to shuffle ALL music

OR

Shuffle all music within a playlist folder (like you can do on the mac app)

Thanks!

SomeoneElse00

Does spotify even care about the mobile app experience anymore?? This feature LITERALY EXISTS ON DESKTOP. How difficult would it be to port the feature over? Do better pls Spotify.

It even existed on mobile in 2017 (Source), so it shouldn't be that difficult to dig up the old code, retro-fit it in the live app, and push in the next update.

At the very least, tell us why it's not in the roadmap for the platform.

Arthur15
  1. It's 26-7-23 today and this idea has 3 706 votes so far.
  2. I looked at the «popular ideas» section and not a single idea among them had as much votes.
  3. Therefore , leaving the statut as «not right now» really means you don't care or that this «vote-idea» system is just useless...