Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Tomsatt

If this was a new feature request it would make more sense - but this has been retired intentionally. Has a huge impact on usability of app for the way a lot of people - myself included - use playlists. Please please please prioritise this!

kchou0907

Can I bump this?

It has been 2 years since they took away this function from Spotify. Please give it back. Folders made Spotify so much better and easier to use

remd

Fyi, I found a workaround for this. I cancelled the Spotify subscription and subscribed to Google Music instead 👍 

Hope this helps some of you having issues with this.

meatch

Yah, this feature is a no brainer - I should be able to organize my music into folders, then play all folders (or shuffle, or whatever). Desktop app does this.

eikiji

It's dumb that I can shuffle folders on desktop, but not mobile. It's annoying to have to switch back and forth or being forced to create duplicate "pre-shuffled" playlists when I just want to listen to two playlists together when I'm not at my computer. Please give us back the option to shuffle folders on mobile!!!

innuendo1

So what is the point of having a folder then literally just to clean up the playlists?

Why would you want to put everything in a folder and not be able to play all or shuffle it. We can't even hit play all now. The feature went from utility to just organizational.

ydnahij

Spotify-- you got rid of something useful for no apparent reason. Bring it back please. 

Contz
pfqrst

Hi Spotify I have just signed up for a 3 month trial of Apple Music which does allow me to shuffle all songs, not just liked or by playlist. 

I have paused my subscription and will check back in 3 months to see if you have restored the ability to shuffle all downloaded songs and saved playlists all at once. Shuffling only liked songs is not fulfilling the way I want to use Spotify. 

Contz

You can give up right now, useless and time-wasted to wait 3 months. Nothing changed in years.