Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Your Library] Increase the limit of pins on Your Library

Wow. Spotify is a mess now. And one more thing to add to the list: you can only pin FOUR items (playlists, podcasts) in "Your Library". I'm trying to use the pins to organize my library so that I try and make this new design actually work for me, and then I quickly encounter the error message: 

"You're out of pins. You can only have 4 items pinned at once."

FOUR??? Why only four? What sense does that make? I guess Spotify isn't making a product for people who like to listen to lots of music and podcasts, they're just making it for people who have a maximum of four playlists or podcasts that they listen to. If I had so few things I listened to, I wouldn't be paying for Spotify Premium. 

Pro Tip: you should fire anyone who was leading this new design overhaul. They clearly are trying to sabotage your company. 

Updated on 2022-08-07

Hey! Looks like your idea is on the road again! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to reach more users and grows fast.

Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
TimGold

Spotify developers are using drugs,

It’s so stupid to see a limitation of pins!!! 

How can you think it’s a good idea to add limitations to a good function that allows users to pin their favorites to the top! 

if you ask me this should be priority to immediately change…… 

mufoso

Maybe test a new limit of 6 pins? (if all goes well, 8 or 10 max?)

... for whoever's worried about users pinning too many playlists, I second a previously mentioned suggestion of at least giving Spotify Premium users/plans a limit increase.

It's a win-win, an impactful incentive to purchase a new plan, & a lil bit happier experience for existing premium users (who are begging for a bone here).

Can we make it happen? (y)

Dylan_Heabel

There definitely needs to be more than 4 allowed pins. 

831ktmr

I think the limit should be abolished. 

Spotify developers are stupid. They seems like they’re not interested in music. 

innerspectrum

God d*amnit Spotify why are you making it HARDER to organize and access our music and playlists the way we want to?

the whole point is a customized listening experience with great suggested playlists and easy sharing and collaborating with friends. All of that is mediated by playlists… so why can we only pick four favorites?? Some of us don’t give a d*mn about podcasts and the rest, and just want to have our music organized the way we want it. 

The most frustrating part is that this used to be the default, but the new update has made it more complicated. I don’t want to click the “playlist” button. Simply locking Library at the bottom should take me exactly where I want to go, and give me control over what shows up there.

osmpawsum

It's 2023 and we still can't get more than 4 pins... I mean half the time I'm trying to pin Spotify features I'd like to access quickly like the AI DJ or Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Pins forces me to choose between seeing my personal content quickly or seeing Spotfiy curated quickly. Let's just say Spotfiy content loses that battle. So more than four pins means better use of all of your features by a user like me. But I guess there's always YouTube Music if things get too out of hand over here.

PIXXL

Especially when we pay for the streaming service, we should get more pins. 😞

innerspectrum

PLEASE remove the pin limit! Now it's bled over to Desktop on MacOS too! It's crazy to me that they would limit our ability to view our library the way we want to. I want to have my music, free of recommendations from others etc, available with zero-clicks, in the exact format that I organized it and left it last time. That doesn't seem crazy to me. Especially when paying for a premium service. Please get rid of the pin limit on all platforms!

shadpoolio

There should be no reason whatsoever to limit the user to an arbitrary number of pins. Just let the user make that choice T_T

trinnan

Absolutely no reason for limiting the number of pins. Why is Your Episodes automatically at the top of my playlists between pins and other playlists?! Spotify has spent years making their UI worse and worse. Absolutely awful UI/UX design.