Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Your Library] Pin a filter type to make it the default Library sorting.

With the new update to the library that brings in filters for Library and a single list, I and I assume many users would like a way to default a filter to Library.

For example, I want the ability to pin the "Playlists" filter as default so that whenever i open Library it automatically opens the view on "Playlists" instead of having a single list of everything tucked together.

This would mean anyone who only used Playlists (or Artists or Albums) before the new update would get something similar while people who like the new update could just opt to not pin any filters.

Updated on 2022-09-07

Hey! It seems this suggestion is on the road again, so we are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-08

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

KB11

Yes please! I almost exclusively use playlists sorted a specific way and previously this was one tap to access. Now it's Library > Playlists > Sort By > Custom Order just to get there. Usually it's more than that, because if Custom Order is already selected, the playlists don't display. I have to switch the Sort By then switch back to Custom Order. 

ralisdaum

This!! Please allow us to pin custom order playlists as a default filter!! Drives me crazy seeing albums, artists, podcasts and playlists all jumbled together.

fatpigsarefat

Please, maybe not even a pin but for it to at least persist through restarts as I have a specific way in which I have my playlists sorted, and this update has messed that up

dovedice

Absolutely. There's no reason not to give people the tools to make their app work for them, and having to tap a bunch of times to see my playlists in the order I expect them to be in does not work for me. A way to set the default view would be a million times better!

Karaptian

This new UI takes more time. Spotify needs to add a feature to allow a user to set their default view of their My Library so that the user doesn't have to filter/sort every single time they open Spotify.

TheCake28

And maybe you can add a “Shuffle play” button to play all these playlists together ! That’s a good idea !

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 50 votes in 3 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

linkJMA

In my mind, this is a necessary addition to restore a lot of lost functionality. Feels like a no-brainer to add, as it will improve user experience and reduce the amount of clicks most people, myself included, have to use to access their content the way they want.

slug_camargo

I can't believe they didn't patch this in right after that update came out and we actually have to beg for it. I swear the people in charge of these ui modifications have never used the app themselves.