Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Your Library] Increase the limit of pins on Your Library

Wow. Spotify is a mess now. And one more thing to add to the list: you can only pin FOUR items (playlists, podcasts) in "Your Library". I'm trying to use the pins to organize my library so that I try and make this new design actually work for me, and then I quickly encounter the error message: 

"You're out of pins. You can only have 4 items pinned at once."

FOUR??? Why only four? What sense does that make? I guess Spotify isn't making a product for people who like to listen to lots of music and podcasts, they're just making it for people who have a maximum of four playlists or podcasts that they listen to. If I had so few things I listened to, I wouldn't be paying for Spotify Premium. 

Pro Tip: you should fire anyone who was leading this new design overhaul. They clearly are trying to sabotage your company. 

Updated on 2022-08-07

Hey! Looks like your idea is on the road again! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to reach more users and grows fast.

Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Andrew02
  1. Increase limit of pins to 20
HistoricTurtles

The new Your Library page only lets you pin four things. This is an arbitrary number with no purpose. We should be able to pin however many playlists we want.

graceehunter

Yeah this is stupid! I hate the new layout, and it’s extremely stupid that there are only 4 pins.

ElSche

i like the new layout but i don‘t get why there have to be any artificial limits this doesn‘t make any sense

sundawnedE

I really don't like the new layout and pins I mean what the **bleep** in the world were Spotify developers thinking that they only decided to give only 4 pins to user please fix it.

Ver
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

ayejayhunt

I agree only 4 pins is just not reasonable. I could understand for free users as incentive to buy Premium but we're out here paying upwards to $10 a month for simply just no ads at this point; no added perks

Ari07

How can you hate the UI when the new UI BROUGHT the pins. Those 2 statements put together lack common sense. But yes there shouldn't be a limit. Give us at least 10. 

nikoxio

Agreed, seem really odd thing to limit. Especially so when a phone can almost fit 7 objects on screen in list mode and almost 6 in grid mode. But still the limit should be more like 16, or no limit at all.

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.