[Music] 8D Surround Sound

With the reemergance of layered/3D/8D/headphones only audio videos on youtube, I would love to see an option like that become available for Spotify. It would:

A.) create competitive edge over all other streaming platforms

B.) potentially become a money making premium only feature (free to trial first of course)

C.) be a great way to connect with artists who truly care about their musical output and the experience for listeners

D.) be really freaking awesome.

Here's a list of songs that would be grerat in 8D:

Slow Dancing In The Dark – Joji

3005 – Childish Gambino

You Should See Me In A Crown – Billie Eilish

Wait a Minute! – Willow

SUMMER – BROCKHAMPTON

Call Out My Name – The Weeknd

and basically every song ever because music is wonderful

Updated on 2018-09-26

Marked as new idea.

Related Ideas

Comments
HackX_1
Casual Listener

8D is not real, it's just the song going left to right using stereo. It would be useless and will only cause ignorance to people. Believing that 8D is real

LukeRRider
Casual Listener

This would be awesome! It would be fairly simple to implement some sort of 8D filter that could change the orientation with the best automatically. Add a switch to the now playing page to enable immersive audio

LukeRRider
Casual Listener

@HackX_1 wrote:

8D is not real, it's just the song going left to right using stereo. It would be useless and will only cause ignorance to people. Believing that 8D is real

Yes the term 8D audio is misleading, but the effect is undoubtedly real and cool to experience even if it is just a dumb party trick. I don't really see a need for this feature besides the fact it would be cool but I don't see any harm in it

8D_Playlist

I have recently stareted an 8D Record label and playlist releasing 8D mixes for anyone who wants to have a listen - spotify:user:qtgonjpj7wgy0xn9v2ualbznr:playlist:4VDwwSyvOcWhHSliKdFVPn