Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Music] AB repeat function (loop part of a song)

In some CD players and cassette players there were a function called AB, A+B, A/B that allowed you to repeat either one track or portion of a track. I used it to listen to my favorite part of a song, or to write down the text of a song.

I really miss this function in Spotify. Repeat track is implemented, but not the ability to repeat a portion of a song.

On the CD players you pushed the button once to start the sequense, then pushed it again, when you wanted it to end. Then it repeated that area of the song, as long as you wanted.

Updated on 2018-11-28

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Casual Listener

I really need this to be a functionality already

Visitor

I am awaiting this feature for some time now and still nothing has come out of this. So now I'm here, looking it up and it looks like it has been requested since 2017. So pretty please...

PS: I even created an account only to support this idea!

Music Fan

+1 for this! I often have just parts of songs that I love, and the rest not-so-much. Would love to be able to only play this part. Would also be cool to have a URL to this part (similar to how you can link to a song with a specific start point in the song).

Visitor

I don't see a solution to this question posted, at least one that I trust.  Wish somebody from Spotify would respond.

yepppp please do this!  It's pretty useless for learning tracks as a musician, might stop my premium membership as it's so frustrating

Visitor

This would be very helpful function so as a paying client since 2015 I would kindly ask Spotify to add this function. As I can see no-one from Spotify reads these threads, which is sad...

Casual Listener

When can you make this happen? I really like certain parts of some songs and I don’t want to listen the whole song every time.

Hey guys, I have good news: there will be an app that will be launched in September 20, where you can loop songs from Spotify (if you have premium) and even save certain parts of a song as loop. It's called practice looper, you should follow on facebook/Instagram and can find more Infos on practice-looper.com. hope it's what you need 🙂

Casual Listener

@nad_ja- Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to checking it out!

Visitor

JUST DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!