Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Music] Click on Record Label to go to Label's Music

i know you can search for labels with:  label:"blah blah" 

but it would be good if, on an album it just said nexto the year which label it was released by. then you could just click it to get up a search of that label.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
clonn

Also a good reslults page for label search is desirable. Artists, albums, years, ...

retroflex

you can find some house / techno labels with fancy search-label-per-year-buttons over here:
http://www.labelspot.org/

it would be nice to have a category / click the record label

example, on rdio: http://www.rdio.com/label/Topshelf_Records/

y_a_v_a

Although the search term label:somelabel seems to work (but label:"third man records" and label:"third man" give different results), it appears that the label information is no longer visible below the tracklist of an album (as @Richard points out). So please give this idea some kudos! Would be great to see labels in the search suggest!

sjogro

Sorting and browsing by label is a fun way to discover new music and I think it should be encouraged and easily possible!

When I go through discovering music it's only natural to check out what else a label has to offer that offers one of your favorite new acts. The "What's New" screen NEVER offers me something close to my interests. I suggest What's New first checks what you actually listen to and then suggest new albums from labelmates of most played songs and liked artists, so the What's New screen actually features all kinds of neat stuff instead of very standard commercial releases.

sjogro

In addition to the discussion I would like to state that some labels have such a cult status or are of such iconic posture that the name of the label describes an entire subgenre and the name of the label is bigger than any of it's assigned artists. 

I think providing labels as search results would be a great improvement to Spotify and attract more fanatic music lovers; I find that the people who talk about music in terms of labels are often the ones that are sceptic to digital music, or generally music that is not playing from wax... This is where Spotify has the chance to make a difference by providing a serious and detailed catalog of music.

krikelin

I miss a way to browse labels like artists
So I created an app for that

https://github.com/krikelin/spotify-label-view

krikelin
Written from mobile its why the image is html tag.
Peter__

Edited the image in for you 😉 

Peter

Marco

krikelin - I've moved your post to that respective idea since it kinda provides an answer to this idea here (if you know how to use it that is) 😉

Feel free to open up a topic about it in the help forums too!