Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
ianmc

surely cant be too hard to do. come on team spotify. get this prioritised on your backlog! 

rc_collins

Yep, do this.  Right now skipping to the next song sounds terrible.

shaggyb

there are son with a very loooong silent ending that even a 12 secs crossfade won't work good . so it could be goos if I change to the next track it did it with my crossfade settings . 

mike546378

This is a great idea... really no clue why it has not been implemented yet. Would love this feature

drew2794

plz make this

xmas

It's been 3 years since the idea has been submitted. I'm eagerly waiting for this small update since I'd love to have smooth transition when I skip the track. Please please! Please!! PLEASE!!! make this happen. 

mendezpa11

Sabiendo que existe el Crossfade cuando está finalizando un tema, sugiero se agregué esa función cuando se cambia  en cualquier  momento  de una canción,  pudiendo  habilitarlo y que esto genere un cambio paulatino entre temas.

camport
*Bump* Would be nice to implement this idea.
Favourthebold
I want this
Jeroi

Hello, since every mp3 player out there can crossfade properly I wonder still why spotify cant't crosfade couble songs between currently playing song? This is not mixer but default operation in any mp3 player like winamp or at linux kplayer what ever. But spotify can do good 12 sec transtition at end but no between?

Currently spotify is bad option for party since people tend to come to the pc to chooce their best song. In winamp I have mous double klick tied into add queve aswell as enter key. So when playing with winamp thus never are allowed song selecting between the currently playing. Makes winamp far better party player.

But when it comes to spotify, I wonder why internet connection and sharing is done good but basic playing of track and it's queve and fade settings are worst that I have seen from back 93' when internet started.