Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
thecureishere

almost 2018...still no answer.. come on Spotify!

yinleifu

I agree, this is a great, great idea. The most annoying thing with Spotify is when people change tunes willy nilly.That's why I never allow using Spotify or similar at parties - people get super agitated by the disruption of songes and tunes. A smooth transition would change this tremendously. Please implement.

/Michael 

Hello, Spotify - Do we have any updates on this? I also echo the same feature request... during parties or in the car skipping to the next song with a cross fade option would be great.

brinnswf

Why not? This is such a nice idea...

albertodidier

I hope 2018 bring us this feature ASAP

Gnagert

I would very much appreciate this function!! I was just about to create a note about this! 

frelun11

Spotify, please answers us..

clasami

Too bad, really important!

cienfu

Needed!

dylanmendoza528

I really want something like this it would bring in an incredible amount of artists/DJ's to Spotify and be incredibly helpful.