Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
alvaromoo

This feature would make Spotify simply perfect

Alex308

Hi, good idea. Reduce volume smoothly when switch to the next song. Also when switch to the phone call via BT.

JensTilleman

Does any spotify programmer read this ?

plucinskij

Another great idea being ignored. Why even allow suggestions when everything worthwhile gets set to "Not Right Now"?

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-09-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we have any new info to share, we'll check back in here.

Thanks.

bjorn123

If you want to make a smooth translation between songs (or fadeinn/out) , hold down next song button and it will ble a i.e. 10 sec. Overlap between songs. And not the direct cutoff you get today. 

Hi Spotify,
What's the wait to implement cross fade on skipped tracked.
My subscription renews in Jan. And given lack of this feature, and no
ability to sort play lists in the desktop app... I'm on the fence to
renew... It leaves me thinking "not right now" as well.
Please be open and give the community a clear explanation and time-line.
Thanks.
Mktm2012

What Himalayas1 said +1

Dolce24
Yes agreed. We need a more specific answer why this feature is in state “not right now”. It has been missed for a long time, and loyal users like myself is still hanging around though other players like YouTube music has hit the market. Get back in the competition Spotify and have some developers implement this feature. It has been done in several music players so it is not something that needs to be invented from the bottom.
JensTilleman

Hi spotify,

this is not the first time this “Idea” had been let in to the forum.

It feels very sad to see the status update....

however i dont understand why the crosfade is already inplented and works on Bluetooth Connection. And stil you say not right now to all the AirPlay connection users. So sad shouldnt be that much work to get this Done.......