Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
elianvdl

That would be so nice indeed.

There already is an option for that in settings but that is general so it will happen to all songs, wich doesn't always sound the best. Good idea bro, I hope that this idea will make it!

Dyallo

Seriously? It would probably take your devs one hour to fix and it would add so much value for people like me who manage the music at gyms and other public places.

Spotify is probably too busy mining for behaviour to sell it to third parties. 

Dyallo

Come on, do it 

buddybunch

This would be very helpful especially for those fitness instructors (indoor cycling) who use Spotify in their group classes. 

Mktm2012

Just do it! 

garavena

I often have to be the DJ at family gatherings and i use Spotify and agree being able to just cross fade on command to the next track would be amazing and help keep the vibe going.

Maoweee

This would be great, a hard skip could be done when the button is held? 

jbotnik

I concur. This would be a great addition as an additional advanced feature.

apurvacal033

This feature is much needed, and can turn the app into a viable DJ app for houseparties. It already encompasses the playlists we need, just that one often does not want to listen to the entire length of the song, and skip to a next one after 2 mins (especially if you're dancing). 

One can add a seperate timeframe for manual track changes, as in Poweramp music player. Or add a disclaimer that track shall change after X seconds due to crossfading being on. 

kevinr11

iOS jailbroken users are lucky. Soon there will be a tweak available with this feature.

There is a developer busy with it, and he's half-way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TweakBounty/comments/atvkfu/651211_spotify_crossfade_when_skipping_tracks/

Care to chip in to speed up the progress!