Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
iatejera
So... A long time since the idea was posted. It is time Spotify say something. I think you exists to meet our xpectatives and this is a pretty basic and useful function.. It couldn't be that hard to do as every mp3 player can do it, and spotify itself can do it just at the end of the song. Come on guys we want this done and we know you can do it. What are you waiting to give us answer. 3 years???!!! Come on!!!
thewatermark

+1 for this feature. PLEASE!

This was brought up and was gaining  some steam in 2012. It's now 2016. Can this topic resurface Spotify's radar again? Maybe they forgot? Stand up for the little man Spotify!

apogarte
Hi I Would love tô have this idéa implemented... +1 for me !!!
Theguy2
+1
iPAC
AWESOME IDEA!
joshsquashuk

Need to implement this!!

MarkAndrew
I'd like to hear one legitimate reason why the developers haven't implemented this yet, because there isn't one.
toffelarsson

Brilliant!! 

I was about to post the same suggestion!

Perfect at parties, or just when you are listening at your favourite playlist and want to skip ahead without any harsh breaks.

One would need a button in preferences.

DO IT

u2funker

Come on Spotify..so many users with this little wish..to implement a soft skip track should be easyly implemented.Do it please.