Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
kostikos

well, the status for this should be "yesterday" not even right now. This is a very important feature you should have added allready...

Soopernormal

Please escalate this issue. This feature would be killer

Mateo79

I think this used to be a feature, and I would love to see it (re)instated now 🙂

JensTilleman

Crossfade !!!

Mateo79

Spotify!!! It's been over 3 years since you tossed this in the "Not Right Now" bin. 

I think it's time to dust off this convo & get it going! Seriously, it can't be that hard to implement a crossfade when skipping function, and it would make the listening experience SO. MUCH. BETTER. 

With such strong competition from Apple Music, don't you think that it's time to improve the Spotify user experience & win back a few more loyal supporters?  

ryan73

Would love to be able to crossfade between songs when skipping. It's frustrating if I'm putting on background music during a serious time and the wrong song plays so I have to change it. Doesn't seem like that hard of an idea to implement either, it's already available to transition between songs!

Mktm2012

Hey Guys, 

are there any news about this feature? Would be really cool! 

JensTilleman

No replies yet... cmon

Lcueva23

Programming this fearure is child's play, we should have had this years ago.

wheelnr1

When will my ipod have the option to crossfade Spotify? It's a new ipod so it should have it.