Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
tallgaudet

This is such a low hanging fruit! How come this has comments dating back to 2012?!

You already do it for premade party playlists! How hard can it be to extend to any playlist?

If I skip a song in a premade party playlist, it cossfades (ex Dance Party). If I copy the songs to my own playlist, 0 crossfade... Guys, come on.

Rafukas

It's annoying when you're at a party listening to a Spotify playlist on the speakers and someone suddenly stops the song to play another one he prefers.
I think it could be a good idea to also add the crossfade option in cases like the one mentioned above, allowing users to change from song to song smoothly, without having to fully stop the music and bringing the party mood down

Petya
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-07-07

Hey there  @Rafukas,

Thanks for submitting your idea! 

It has been marked as a new one and others can now vote for it!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify, click here.

RyaJones

I have a gaming group where I am trying to add ambient music that fits the mood at that moment. So I have to switch between playlists four or five times through the session. I am so annoyed that I cannot switch between them without calling attention to the fact that I've just changed the music. Why isn't there a setting to have spotify crossfade between playlists?

urimiru

It's almost 2012, and it'sabout time, gals and guys.

This is a feature that was already there in Winamp. You know music lovers. You ARE music lovers. No one likes an abrupt transition between songs - that's why the cross fade was invented, was it not?

All of us here would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for your great work - we enjoy your app tremendously.

davedenton

I would love this idea, please implement soon! Just to have a crossfade (at your preset fade time) when you press “next” would be very helpful.

Lpa

Hello,

Couldn't find anything regarding this and couldn't open a new topic. My idea/suggestion is to include crossfade option into the Spotify App for Garmin watches. It would be very nice to be in the middle of a run or gym exercise and have your Spotify playlist transitioning song without the silence space.

Regards and thanks,

Leo

Marty-Tinus

How about Spotify lets you choose the option to start preloading the next few tracks. The next songs in chronological order will be preloaded (using more band-with and maybe computing power, option default setting would be 'off'). This way you could skip through playlist when you dig/scan for music? I'd love scouting around a bit faster😎

zand0524

Any word on when this could happen? I use this for gaming ambience and need to switch between playlists subtly, and the crossfade unfortunately doesn't seem to work when changing tracks, only when the music is coming to the end of a track. 

carlito000

Come on Spotify, option to cross fade when skipping track please. I’m begging you, this would be such a killer feature. What do we need to do to make this happen?