Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Crossfade when skipping Tracks

Hello, I don't know if idea has been suggested before but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, when you're currently playing an track and suddenly decides to switch song in the middle of it, it gives a very "sharp" transition.

My idea is to, just as the "Crossfade Track" option, to crossfade tracks even if you decide to switch in the middle of the song.

My main "Inspiration?" for this idea is partys. Everyone been through it and it happens pretty much every party. People starting to switch tracks every 10th second and it's just straight out annoying.

I think a crossfade would solve this problem, half-way at least.

Thanks for reading! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
gabbers511

So is this going to be available anytime soon?  Is there an estimated time for delivery?

xx_PREDATOR_xx
Hi there, I wanted to ask if there is already a solution to the matter. Or any plugin, which makes it possible that the switch to a different song is not as "hard", but is soft intercepted with a crossfade like a regular DJ program. I would in fact like to use Spotify songs and playlists at parties. However, the manual crossfade already missing very strong 😕

This is overdue. The idea is a super-solid no-brainer and was posted almost two years ago. What is the status?

tohuserena

YES, YES, YES.

Add a crossfade when skipping tracks. I have people who said they would subscribe to Spotify if this was added.

xx_PREDATOR_xx

Yes it would be a very cool feature. All modern programs can only spotify does not have this technology, unfortunately. I do not speak against what reasons? I hope the Spotify makers read this and take this into account and install the next update.

DJAdHoc

Bravo Laderlappen!  NO DOUBT!  Especially if one has already preset crossfade timing.

It's actually shocking to me that sudden track change even happens; or, at the very least, an option doesn't exist to enable track fade on skipped tracks.

Spotify rocks, but there are defintely still a few tweaks necessary.

sevemanzoor

I only made a community account to suggest this idea, so, kudos to the creator.

xx_PREDATOR_xx

I hope that the feature really comes and as soon as possible. many would also like to use spotify not only alone but on parties. but that's not as nice without fade. I think then everyone would love to lie down for a few euros.

SagaciousB

We still don't have this? So sad. I'm about to host a dance party, and jolting the groove every time I want to switch tracks is realy not ideal. This really doesn't seem like it should be that hard to implement, especially since crossfade already exists.

Either add a checkbox whether or not to crossfade on skip, or a separate crossfade duration for skip vs natural progression ( may want a shorter crossfade for natural progression between tracks, longer when going from the middle of one track to another)

sevemanzoor

I hope this gets implemented soon, it seems forgotten 😕